The Indian Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and The Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO), including the NWO Taskforce for Applied Research (SIA), are inviting researchers in India and The Netherlands together with public and private partners to participate in the Indo-Dutch Joint Research Programme for ICT.
The aim of the Indo-Dutch Joint Research Programme is to accelerate innovation in science and technology in India as well as in The Netherlands through:
- Fostering excellence in research projects and at the same time enhancing the research quality in India and The Netherlands. The research is precompetitive and can be of a more fundamental or a more applied nature, depending on the needs of the project partners;
- Strengthening interaction and scientific cooperation between the research institutes in India and The Netherlands and industrial partners, including SME’s, and/or societal organizations;
- Promoting the development and deployment of innovative research (techniques) to be used in industry, including SME’s, and/or societal organizations.
- For each project proposal, a grant of k€ 200 to k€ 500 can be applied for from NWO and MeitY of which circa 50% to be covered by NWO and circa 50% by MeitY.
- In addition, a maximum of k€ 50 per project proposal can be applied for from SIA.
- The duration of a grant is at least two years and not more than five years.
Project proposals are expected to be prepared by a consortium of private and/or public partners. It is obligatory to have the following categories of participants in the consortium:
- at least one Indian research department from a research or R&D institute recognized by MeitY;
- at least one Dutch research department from a research institute recognized by NWO ;
- at least one public or private partner that alone, or together with multiple private partners, including SME’s, and public partners, meets the private/public matching criteria
- Collaboration with departments of Dutch Universities of Applied Sciences is optional.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply electronically via
Eligible Countries: India and Netherlands