At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of dignified living. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Since 1971, Pact has helped millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Country Manager contributes to realizing this purpose by:
- Leading the Cambodia country office with a keen eye toward the organizational strategy and objectives;
- Growing and diversifying country revenue streams;
- Forging smart partnerships;
- Promoting the organization through marketing and communications;
- Cultivating, harvesting and monetizing innovation and developing new products and services;
- Making the organization think and act strategically at all times;
- Inspiring and spreading Pact’s desired organizational culture across the enterprise
The Country Manager (CM) is a senior level position within Pact who will lead the success of the Cambodia country office, its programs and the successful delivery of development impact. The CM will be responsible for taking Pact objectives, philosophies, values and operating plan and bringing them to life through day-to-day activities. The individual will lead the country in securing exceptional partnerships with other Pact offices globally, Pact/DC, local entities, funders and partner organizations. The CM’s success will be demonstrated through setting and completion of aspirational objectives and use of business intelligence to inform the global and country office strategy. The CM will lead the delivery of strong technical and program excellence along with programming focused on high quality outcomes done in partnership with local communities.
- Inspire, champion and spread a culture of shared success making true Pact’s belief that every imaginable problem has a solution and that when dedicated, Pact’s efforts will be rewarded with a better world;
- Lead the country office in achieving success at the transactional and transformational level;
- Drive day-to-day activities and all matters related to the Country portfolio;
- Ensure that all deliverables are high quality, cost effective, delivered on time and in line with donor and Pact standards;
- Develop and strengthen country programs based on analysis of the local and global context. Identify and secure funding;
- Promote a learning environment, participating in global and local opportunities ever strengthening staff capacity and partnerships;
- Drive, promote and demonstrate transparency, outstanding communication, collaboration and partnership with Pact staff worldwide;
- Promote a data driven culture, documenting and disseminating methodologies.
- Ensure that Pact thinks and acts strategically at all times;
- Through an inclusive and participatory process, prepare and implement a quality strategy aligned with Pact’s overall vision and mission and the local and regional context;
- Ensure deep understanding of Pact’s strategy and approach by all staff and key stakeholders;
- Oversee periodic review of the operating environment and adjust strategy accordingly;
- Drive critical thinking, self-reflection and innovation.
- Grow and diversify the portfolio;
- Forge smart and productive partnerships that promote a shared sense of purpose and mission;
- Promote Pact as the prefered partner for our integrated approach to building local promise;
- Turn present and yet unimagined opportunities into revenue to fund Pact’s mission;
- Gather intelligence on future and current funding opportunities and partner with colleagues to take action;
- Forge strategic relationships with government, private sector, donors, communities, civil society and international stakeholders;
- Collaborate with business development teams to land new opportunities.
- Direct and oversee compliant and best in class HR, financial, administrative and IT operations, policies and procedures;
- Plan the work and work the plan, driving budget preparation, management and alignment;
- Maximize available resources delivering on time and on budget;
- Assure timely and high-quality monitoring of and reporting by sub grantees;
- Build a diverse, skilled, productive, motivated and accountable workforce;
- Oversee the establishment and functioning of a strong, effective senior leadership team;
- Develop adequate internal controls to protect financial and non-monetary assets;
- Ensure strong recruitment, staff development, compensation and performance management systems;
- Prioritize security and safety building and maintain a staff and asset security plan.
At Pact, we believe that how we get things accomplished is just as important as what we accomplish. We expect the Country Manager to exhibit the following Pact behaviors.
- Keep your promise
- Be driven by passion and curiosity
- Provide inspiration
- Exercise discernment
- Build for tomorrow
- Promote Shared Success
- Take action with conviction
- Master’s degree in relevant field with seven (7) years of relevant experience;
- Minimum of three (3) years of senior management experience in complex multi-donor projects.
- Local nationals preferred. There are no allowances available for expat candidates
- Demonstrated experience in progressively responsible management and leadership positions;
- Demonstrated fluency with non-profit and contractor international development landscape;
- Deep familiarity with the Cambodian operational context;
- Curiosity, drive, discernment, humility, passion of purpose;
- Proven ability to mobilize new program funds;
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 20%
- A committed and effective communicator with excellent English language, public speaking, written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience building, partnering and maintaining excellent relationships with a variety of donor organizations, government entities, corporations, foundations and others;
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity in problem solving;
- Demonstrated experience in successfully fulfilling performance objectives, including the timely implementation and reporting of donor-funded program activities.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, both participant-level and donor-level;
- Excellent diplomatic, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills;
- Demonstrated capability in strategic visioning, planning and agency representation;
- Proven ability to manage, motivate and mentor staff;
- Expert computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Fluency in English.