Operations Manager, Global Supply Chain, GHSCO
Chemonics, Arlington, United States
Chemonics seeks an Operations Manager to work with the Global Supply Chain Division of our Global Health Supply Chain Office (GHSCO) located in our Arlington, VA office. The Manager is responsible for ensuring that sound management principals and tools are used in the operations of the Global Supply Chain (GSC) Division of the Global Health and Supply Chain Office (GHSCO), and implementation of its work. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the completion of tasks related to leadership support, technical implementation, operational support, staff satisfaction, budgeting, recruitment, and professional development initiatives for the GSC Division. The Manager reports directly to the GSC Operations Director and supervises an associate. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world!
- Provides general administrative, management and operations support to the GSC Director, Deputy GSC Director, GSC Operations Director, GSC Leadership Team, and/or members of the GSC Division at-large, as needed.
- Coordinates all operations under the direction of the GSC Director, including event and meeting coordination, space planning, budgeting, staffing and resourcing, and training, and performance management, and divisional management, including budgeting, and timely submission of deliverables.
- Supports the Operations Director to develop and implement business operations strategies, plans, and procedures, and ensures consistency in all operations areas across the Global Supply Chain Division.
- Leads coordination of monthly, quarterly, annual or ad-hoc reporting, as needed, ensuring timely submission to the client.
- Manages staffing and resource requirements within the division, including staffing budget, recruitment, and onboarding.
- Manages formal performance assessment process in coordination with the Subcontracts Project Management Unit, as required. Instructs supervisors on how to clearly articulate performance goals and standards and provide regular feedback.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other Global Health Supply Chain Office (GHSCO) operations and technical teams, Chemonics’ home office teams, partner staff, and others, as the need arises.
- Supervises, develops, and evaluates assigned staff. Ensures staff receive regular constructive performance feedback, prompt resolution of problems, and the time and opportunity to grow professionally.
- Facilitates staff access to training opportunities and monitors staff progress throughout training processes.
- Creates a productive, motivating work environment in the GSC Division by promoting cooperation and teamwork.
- Expands knowledge of global supply chains and apply understanding to problem-solving and strategic decisions.
- Participates on proposal teams, by serving in leadership roles such as coordinator, personnel and management writer, subcontractor liaison, cost preparer, or technical writer, and mentors others.
- Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and exceeding expectations.
- Serves as acting Operations Director, as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum 3 years of administrative and/or technically relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Knowledge of company’s main client and its operations preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing.
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills, word processing abilities, knowledge of MS Office applications, and attention to detail.
- Willingness to work overseas for up to 4 to 8 weeks per year; experience living or working in developing countries preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Language proficiency in a foreign language preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.