The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency implementing programs to fight hunger and is part of the global community working to achieve Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 2.
To design and manage programmes of moderate size or complexity that effectively meet food assistance needs, or contribute to policy formulation and/or provide technical advice or oversight on programme strategy and implementation.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Country Director, the Programme Advisor will report directly to Head of Programme Unit.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Oversee select Programme Activities including School Meals and Policy Coherence and ensure excellence in project design and implementation;
- Build strong partnerships with key government counterparts, strengthen ownership by government and sustainability of WFP Activities;
- Enhance WFP’s leadership status in different forums on subjects related to food security, school meals, livelihoods, resilience;
- In coordination with the Evidence, Policy and Innovation Unit, manage or oversee operational research and evidence building on issues relevant to select Programme Activities;
- Position, advocate and prepare funding proposals for resources for relevant sector Activities;
- Lead, motivate and develop a substantive team to enable high performance.
- Ensure the best use of assigned financial resources for achievement of set objectives within a significant budget.
- Other as required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Eight years of experience in a related field;
- Experience managing School Meals Programme, Literacy or Non-formal Education is an asset.
- Strong team management capability.
- Experience in policy development is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Nepal country context required;
- Knowledge of Nepali language an asset.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Master’s level or equivalent in Education, Health, Agriculture/Agriculture Economics, Social Sciences, Rural Development, or related field;
Languages: Fluency (level C) in English language is required. Proficiency in Nepali is desirable.