The Alabama Power Foundation is seeking applications for its grant program to address coronavirus relief needs from organizations.
Foundation Grants will NOT be used to support the following:
- Groups acting on behalf of individuals.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, disability or gender.
- Churches or other religious organizations, except when they are conducting secular programs that will have broad public impact.
- Projects that affect communities outside Alabama Power’s service territory.
- Fraternal, athletic and veterans programs, except in cases in which the programs will have a broad public benefit or help disadvantaged individuals.
- Organizations already receiving multiyear support from the foundation. Such organizations are required to wait at least one year after the current funding ends.
- Primary and secondary private schools.
- Political organizations, parties or causes.
- The Foundation Grant always meets the following criteria:
- The project addresses a need in at least one of the five initiatives: Educational Advancement, Civic and Community Development, Arts and Cultural Enrichment, Health and Human Services and Environmental Stewardship.
- The project has the potential to lead to permanent improvements in a community or in the state.
- A diverse group will collaborate on the project to achieve common goals.
- The program or idea can be duplicated in other communities.
- The submitting organization exhibits sound fiscal management and accountability.
- The organization shows the ability to attract multiple sources of support for the project.
- The project addresses underserved segments of the population such as racial or ethnic minorities, impoverished and/or underprivileged communities with fewer opportunities.
- Organization name and address.
- Name, email address and telephone number for the primary contact person.
- EIN/Tax ID number.
- A brief summary of the history, mission and staff size of the organization.
- A complete list of the organization’s board of directors and/or trustees.
- A one-paragraph summary of the specific project or program affected by the grant.
- A list of other contributors to the project or program, along with dollar amounts (if applicable).
- On the last page of the application, you will be asked to attach specific files.
- Actual grant request with a cover letter outlining goals, objectives and specific needs addressed if you were to receive the grant; Include an implementation plan and timeline with an outline for any activities planned in the near future and achievements thus far.
- Project budget with an evaluation plan with specific criteria for judging the effectiveness.
- A copy of the program’s most recent audited financial statement or three consecutive years of the Form 990.
- A copy of the program’s current operating budget.
- A copy of the program’s Section 501(c)(3) IRS determination letter.