The Central Geelong Heritage is offering funding to undertake restoration works to eligible heritage buildings in Central Geelong.
The program has a key focus on heritage restoration projects which have been identified through heritage studiesand/or evidence to support their restoration and will benefit the streetscapes in Central Geelong.
The Central Geelong Heritage Fund offers three categories of funding to choose from as relevant to your project:
Strategic Projects – Up to 70% of eligible project costs up to a max grant of $70,000 per property for heritage restoration projects proposing to provide:
- reinstatement of a historic verandah
- removal of introduced/non-heritage elements (that is: external paintwork, cladding, and the like) and
- façade reconstruction works.
- General Projects – Up to 50% of eligible project costs up to a max grant of $30,000 per property for all other heritage restoration projects in Central Geelong which meet the eligibility criteria.
- Project Feasibility and Investigation – Up to 100% of the eligible project costs up to a max grant of $10,000 per property for costs associated with engaging appropriate consultants and/or practitioners to provide technical investigations, planning, project scoping and feasibility for future eligible heritage restoration projects.
- Owners and/or occupiers of properties located in Central Geelong.