As part of Azim Premji University’s efforts to strengthen and elevate the state of understanding of societal processes and outcomes, they are launching the fifth round of the Research Funding Programme. This program is designed to promote inquiry into areas of particular interest to the Azim Premji Foundation and to explore possible responses for some of them.
The Research Funding Programme is designed to strengthen and supplement existing efforts in these areas. While they are open to any broad consideration within an area, the research should be empirically grounded, and be able to inform practice and policy.
They invite high-quality research proposals that examine the significant questions of public concern in the following areas:
- Education and Allied Areas
- Labor, Livelihoods, and Employment
- Urban Governance and Sustainability
- Local Democracy
- Climate Change Action
- The research funding budget is linked with the domains under which the application is made.
- For the domains of Education and Allied Areas, Labour, Livelihoods and Employment, and Urban Governance and Sustainability, the research funding budget is between INR 5-20 lakhs. For Local Democracy, and Climate Change Action, the research funding budget is between INR 5-10 lakhs.
Who can apply?
- Applications are invited from individuals or teams affiliated with centers of vital research within academic institutions, non-profit organizations, for-profit organizations, as well as the Government, in principle.
- They encourage scholars and researchers in the fields of education, development practice, public policy, economics, political science, sociology, anthropology, history, creative arts, media, and the sciences to submit proposals.
- This call for proposals is for researchers external to Azim Premji Foundation. Employees of the Azim Premji Foundation are not eligible to apply.
Interested applicants must submit the following via the online portal which will be open from Sep 15, 2020:
- The completed online application form available on the portal
- A short concept note in not more than 1200 words
- CVs of all collaborating investigators
- Applications for the research funding under each broad area/domain can be accessed by clicking the link at the bottom of the respective page.