The GALACTICA has opened call for EU Startups and SME’s with game-changing Solutions to create, validate and scale-up new cross-sectoral and cross-border value chains among textile, aerospace and advanced manufacturing fields.
GALACTICA’s strategy is:
- Cultivation within an open collaboration space focused on supporting SMEs to change the mindset about digitalization and empower them to start partnerships.
- A set of dedicated grants complemented with coaching and technological vouchers to assess the feasibility and small technical tests aimed at minimum viable products of a new value chain.
- Large scale demo of the new value chain with dedicated grant for SME consortia with coaching and technological support.
- Scale-up support to leverage additional funds. GALACTICA will connect successful SMEs with private investors and other initiatives for scaling up the innovations.
- Two GALACTICA open calls for proposal will be launched during the project. Call for pioneer acceleration and orbital projects will be launched at the same time.
- The GALACTICA budget for the two calls is 2.800.000€. The budget will be distributed as described below:
- First call: 1.200.000€
- Second call: 1.600.000€
- The second call will be launched at the beginning of 2022. The maximum amount to be granted per SME by GALACTICA project shall not exceed €60.000, 00 in total even in the case of multiple granted voucher scheme types to the SME during the lifetime of GALACTICA (pioneer acceleration voucher, orbital project voucher and travel vouchers).
- Duration: 4 months project
- Number of expected funded projects: 20 projects in the 1st call
- Each interested SME can apply to one or more voucher scheme types in accordance with its needs but can only ask for the maximum financial contribution cumulatively.
- Startups and SME’s can apply for two funding voucher schemes:
- Pioneer projects: The main goal is to support the exploration of new cross-sectoral value chains feasibility with focus on developing a Minimum Viable Product (MVP1 ) connecting two or more of the sectors (aerospace, textile, advanced manufacturing)
- Orbital projects: implementation of functional prototypes and demonstrators for new cross sectoral value chains, connecting two or more of the sectors (aerospace, textile, advanced manufacturing), while funding the integration of non-technological innovations for speeding up market match.
- In addition, selected projects will receive a coaching and mentoring support package to accelerate their launch to market.
- The target audience of GALACTICA Call for Proposal is innovative SMEs (including start-ups) active in the Textile, Aerospace & Advanced manufacturing key industries, that are established or with a branch office in one of the 27 EU member states or in the United Kingdom.
- The Call for Proposals is open to EU and UK innovative Startups and SME’s within the textile, aerospace, and/or advanced manufacturing sectors.
- Single SMEs or consortia SMEs can apply for “Pioneer projects”.
- For the “Orbital projects” it is mandatory the participation of a minimum of two SMEs.
- When two or more companies are applying within each funding scheme, it is also mandatory that those companies belong to different sectors of activity.