This call for proposals is launched in the framework of the European Union / Council of Europe Joint Programme “Democratic and Inclusive School Culture in Operation (DISCO)”. It aims to co-fund international co-operation projects aimed at further development and dissemination of the resources of the previously funded projects under the Programme.
The grants will fund projects designed to contribute to building democratic and inclusive societies through helping develop a culture of democracy by promoting education for democratic citizenship and human rights education in States party to the European Cultural Convention. This call will focus on activities related to further development and dissemination of the resources produced in the previous cycle of the Programme.
- translation and adaptation of materials,
- focus group meetings,
- training activities,
- testing of instruments, materials, training programmes,
- peer review activities,
- peer learning activities,
- communication and/or dissemination activities.
- The indicative available budget is EUR 200 000 (two hundred thousand Euros).
- Under Lot 1, the Council of Europe intends to award EUR 150 000 (one hundred and fifty thousand Euros). Two to four projects will be funded with an overall amount from 35 000 to 75 000 EUR per project. The budget for each implementing partner shall be at least EUR 17 500 and shall not exceed EUR 30 000.
- Under Lot 2, the Council of Europe intends to award EUR 50 000 (fifty thousand Euros). Two to five projects will be funded with an overall amount from 10 000 to 25 000 EUR per project.
- report on the results of the testing of the resources (teaching materials, education resources, study courses,
- teacher-training tools, new or revised curricula) produced in the previous cycles,
- compilation of good practices from the use of the resources produced in the previous cycles,
- translated and adapted materials from the previous cycles.
Types of Grants
Lot 1: Call for multi-partner project proposals for the dissemination of the results of the previous cycle of the Programme: under this lot, the Programme seeks to encourage co-operation among respective organizations representing the EU Member States and non-EU Member States party to the European Cultural Convention. Accordingly, the multi-partner project proposal shall:
- involve implementing partners from 2 to 3 countries, with at least half of the applicants from one of the Member State(s) of the European Union,
- include only one implementing partner per country,
- be implemented in countries which are party to the European Cultural Convention.
Lot 2: Call for single-entity project proposals for the dissemination of the results of the previous cycle of the Programme: In this Lot, the programme is intended for single-entity proposals. Accordingly, each project proposal shall be submitted by a single institution from a single country, party to the European Cultural Convention.
Any public organisation or a non-for-profit entity active in the field of education for democratic citizenship and human rights education can apply for the call. For example, such organisations can be:
- a public body at the national, regional or local level;
- a non-profit organisation, association or NGO;
- a higher education institution;
- a foundation;
- a school/institute/educational centre (at any level, from pre-school to upper secondary education, and including adult education);
- an organisation providing courses or training.
- Preference will be given to organisations from the countries that have not previously participated in the Programme.