UN Women has announced a call for proposals to assess organizational performance, develop capacity building plans and community-based business projects.
The purpose of the exercise is to assess the performance of two cooperatives and two producer associations an develop recommendations and phase-out action plan based on the assessment results in order to guide the implementing UN agencies in making appropriate interventions for improvement of POs’ performance and identification of the necessary actions for the phase-out stage of the Programme.
- The budget range for this proposal should be maximum USD 67 000 (or equivalent to KGS as per United Nations Operational Rate of Exchange).
- USD 20 000 (out of USD 67 000) should be budgeted for micro-grants on organizational development to JP RWEE partners.
Required Services/ Results
Activity 1. Develop methodology of the assessment, including timeline, and present it to the JP RWEE agency focal points before the start of the field/on-line work.
Activity 2. Conduct the Organizational Performance Assessment based on the abovementioned holistic approach and among others – but not exclusively – address the following aspects:
- Analyze how and why undertaken actions on tackling challenges did help or did not help
- Identify factors and activities which would tackle challenges and stimulate growth and sustainability of the organizations
Activity 3. Develop PO’s organizational development plans which would allow further development and sustainability of two cooperatives and two public associations. Namely:
- Based on analyzes of findings of self-assessment including success factors, identified needs and gaps facilitate the joint discussion for elaboration of detailed action plans for further development of organizations.
- Suggest recommendations for increasing the POs’ financial self-reliance.
Activity 4. Develop a phase-out action plan for the JP RWEE in relation to the four producer organizations.
Activity 5. To mobilize SHGs from 2nd and 3rd cohorts to join POs in Osh and Djalal-Abad provinces
Activity 6. To support creation of a women producer’s organization in Batken province.
Activity 7. Conduct specialised training for SHGs on small-scale businesses, supported from revolving fund.
Activity 8. Present the work results.
- Officially registered legal entity in Kyrgyzstan eligible of the assignment (Organization Charter, license and other supporting documents need to be attached to the proposal)
- General Organizational Capability which is likely to affect performance (i.e. size of the organization, strength of management support)
- Specialized knowledge of CSOs legislation, cooperatives
- Specialized knowledge of the normative and policy framework in the area of gender equality and women’s empowerment (GEWE)
- Experience in implementing and coordinating of similar Programmes/Projects in conduction organizational assessment/diagnosys, organizing and facilitating trainings, management and grant support to CSOs.
- Quality assurance procedures are in place
- Experience of working with international and donor organizations
- Undergraduate (or equivalent) degree in social sciences or related field and supplementing course certificates in the field of finance, business administration, entrepreneurship (preferred)
- Minimum five years of relevant professional experience with a strong technical focus on the rural area, community mobilization, income-generating activities in the context of rural area, cooperatives/producer associations, value chains, organizational development and assessment of CSOs
- Experience and understanding of thematic gender related issues in local contexts
- Previous work experience with UN agencies and/or international organisations
- Proven experience in qualitative and quantitative research, namely, surveys, evaluations, assessments and producing analytical reports and extensive field experience
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English, Kyrgyz and/or Russian
Field specialists (up to 3 persons)
At least a Bachelor’s degree 3.3 1 st specialist: Minimum 3 years of experience in conducting fieldwork on assessments/diagnosys, evaluation studies etc.
2 nd specialist: Minimum 3 years of experience in conducting social mobilization, formation of SGHs and their Assosiations, on organizational development of producer’s organization.
3 rd specialist: Minimum 3 years of experience in conducting training and mentorship on business development.
- Experience in research-focused projects related to the issues of rural population
- Fluency in Russian and Kyrgyz. Working level of Uzbek is an asset, but not a requirement
- Certification on accounting
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in accounting and finance.
- Fluency in Russian, working level in Kyrgyz. Working level of English is an asset.