The City of Medicine Hat has announced the creation of the Community Vibrancy Grant to support projects that bolster community spirit and promote quality of life. This is especially important today due to the on-going changes in the community related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The City of Medicine Hat values community activities and projects that promote recreation, leisure, artistic, cultural or heritage opportunities in the community. The purpose of the Community Vibrancy Grant is to provide one-time funding for projects that reflect the spirit of City Council’s Strategic Plan 2019-2022.
- promote vibrancy in the community of Medicine Hat
- emphasize the spirit of the community by accentuating and celebrating the spirit of living in Medicine Hat
- promote recreation, leisure, arts, cultural or heritage opportunities vital to the well-being and quality of life in Medicine Hat
- promote a sense of belonging in the community
- Approximately $40,000 in funding is available.
- Minimum and maximum amounts have not been established for individual grants.
- identify the initiative’s anticipated deliverables and outcomes
- be made by individuals, organizations or groups of individuals and organizations, who live in or around Medicine Hat
- provide a budget statement of projected expenses and revenue, including any projected shortfall of funds
- describe any community partnerships and/or funds secured from other organizations/individuals
- be not-for-profit in nature
- describe contingency strategies to be implemented should the Provincial Government or the City of Medicine Hat introduce additional restrictions in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- If applicable, include a letter confirming sanctioning from a recognized governing body that invites participation by representatives for competitions on a provincial, national, international or Western Canadian level for sporting events or competitions
- Projects must:
- reflect the spirit of City Council’s Strategic Plan 2019-2022
- support one or more of the objectives
- Applications must not:
- involve the recruitment of permanent staff
- involve major capital expenditures ($500 maximum)
- involve activities for the purposes of fundraising for other causes