In response to the COVID-19 impact on the arts community, La Plaza de Cultura (LA Plaza) y Artes’s Eastside Arts Initiative (EAI) has created the COVID19 RELIEF GRANT FUND with a total of $50,000 to provide one-time relief grants to artists and arts organizations serving Eastern Los Angeles County.
The theme of this grant is “Show Your Creativity” and offers an opportunity to document and showcase how local artists and arts organizations are keeping their artistic spirit alive during the pandemic, helping to preserve the rich cultural arts ecology from this region during these out-of-ordinary times – when tough decisions are being made to recalibrate operations and re-engineer programming.
- Financial hardship/pressing financial needs related to creative work lost due to COVID19
- Artistic resilience through creative work
- Continued creative practice serving Greater Eastern LA County
- Artists and arts organizations with risk of hardship due to Covid-19;
- Artists 18 years of age or older;
- Arts organizations with proof of non-profit 501c3 in good standing;
- Arts organizations with annual budget of $1M or less;
- Artists and arts organizations serving Greater Eastern LA County, including the San Gabriel Valley; and the Southeast communities of Bell, Bell Gardens, Cudahy, Huntington Park, Maywood, South Gate, Vernon and Walnut Park.
- Artists must be practicing artist and include a resume summarizing work history in the arts during the past two years;
- Artists may apply directly without fiscal agent;
- Artists must provide W9 if approved for grant funding;
- Arts organizations must provide IRS Determination Letter;
- Arts organizations must submit operating budget (and use template provided in application only).
- Start with a narrative / Share your experience / Show your creativity!
- Video should demonstrate how applicant continued to practice your art and/or arts programming, whether a musical performance, monologue, poetry reading, dance performance, visual arts-photography, painting, etc.;
- Video must may be filmed on a Smart Phone;
- Video must be a maximum of five minutes or less/ Filmed in 1080p or higher;
- Video content must be from the period of time between March 30, 2020 to the present;
- All videos must have full rights and clearances for promotion, including any music included in the video;
- Entries made in a foreign language must include English subtitles;
- Any production commissioned for commercial use is Not eligible;
- Applicant agrees that video is furnished to the LA Plaza EAI and may be retained for file, reference and archival purposes and viewed partially or in its entirety for judging purposes;
- If video is selected, grantee must sign release agreement with LA Plaza.