The European Union (EU) has announced a call for proposals to Support the civil society working in social protection in Morocco.
The general objective of this call for proposals is to promote:
- upgrading of Social Protection Establishments (PSE),
- capacity building of CSOs working in these PSE at local level and
- innovation for the improvement of social services in connection with the specific Object n ° 4 of the program (Development of social service provision by accredited Social Centers (Social Protection Establishments – EPS)) according to quality criteria and standards of controlled services and qualified personnel, throughout the territory) .
The present call for proposals, under a single Lot, has the following specific objectives:
- Improve the access of the most disadvantaged populations (children, people with disabilities, and other vulnerable groups) and marginalized populations (women and young people living in poverty and insecurity) to basic social services, in particular through interventions innovative in the areas of social assistance, support for children and support for people with disabilities (PSH).
- Facilitate interactions between state and non-state actors in different contexts and support the strengthening of the role of CSOs in decentralization processes.
- Strengthen the role and capacities of civil society organizations in policy-making processes , improve socio-economic conditions and promote the integration and inclusion of vulnerable groups
The priorities of this call for proposals are:
- Promotion of social services to vulnerable populations in the area of social assistance, á notably through the introduction of innovative services or upgrading and development of existing services in the field of social assistance (services offered by social protection establishments (EPS), in particular for children and the disabled, educational inclusion of the disabled, other services aimed at promoting the care of the disabled and populations in vulnerable situations).
- Promotion and protection of the rights of people with disabilities
- The promotion of Child Protection.
- The improvement of coordination and partnership mechanisms between civil society and public authorities at local level (communities and local elected representatives, national mutual aid).
- The overall indicative amount made available under this call for proposals is EUR 2,000,000.
- Size of Grants
- minimum amount: EUR 250,000
- maximum amount 400,000 EUR
- The initial planned duration of an action may not be less than 12 months nor exceed 24 months.
- Actions must be implemented in Morocco.
To be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person;
- be non -profit;
- belong to one of the following categories of organizations: non-governmental association or organization, university institutes and research centers;
- to be established in Morocco; and
- Have regularly carried out activities in Morocco in the field of assistance and social action , at least during the last five (5) years preceding the filing of the request; and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant (s) and the affiliated entity or entities, and not act as an intermediary.
- The co-applicants participate in the development and implementation of the action, and the costs they bear are eligible in the same way as those borne by the lead applicant.
- Co-applicants must meet the same eligibility criteria as those which apply to the lead applicant himself.
- The lead applicant and his co-applicant (s) may act with one or more affiliated entities.
- Only the following entities can be considered as affiliated with the lead applicant and / or the co-applicant (s):
- Only entities that have a structural link with the applicants (the lead applicant or a co-applicant), in particular a legal or capital link.
- This structural link mainly encompasses two concepts:
control, within the meaning of Directive 2013/34 / EU relating to annual financial statements, consolidated financial statements and related reports of certain forms of business:
The entities affiliated with an applicant can therefore be:
- entities controlled directly or indirectly by the applicant (first-tier subsidiaries or subsidiaries) or controlled by an entity itself controlled by the applicant (second-level sub-subsidiaries or subsidiaries), and this is valid for the other levels of control;
- entities directly or indirectly controlling the applicant (parent companies). Likewise, they can be entities controlling an entity controlling the applicant;
- entities controlled, directly or indirectly, at the same level as the applicant (sister companies).
- membership, i.e. the applicant is legally defined as, for example, a network, federation or association of which the proposed affiliated entity is a member, or the applicant is a member of the same entity (for example, a network, a federation, an association,…) than the proposed affiliated entity.