The European Commission (EC) has announced a call for proposals for Art and Digital: Unleashing Creativity for European Water Management to unite the digital with the arts in order to promote a European policy vision on the future of water and to help raise societal awareness on water use.
Artistic residencies in companies will help inducing a change of mind-set and novel ideas regarding the preservation of water resources. Consortia will propose concrete ideas at the nexus of art, digital, and water that will lead to a sustainable set of actions and a burgeoning community. Links to existing initiatives like STARTS and Digital Innovation Hubs are encouraged.
The pilot project will work on two objectives:
- Establish collaborations at the nexus of art, digital, and water that result in real world experiments and artistic works/installations/performances. This objective will be implemented by open calls to artists for residencies in companies or institutions related to water/digital.
- Develop a community (beyond the project consortium) at the nexus of art, digital, and water that can contribute to a new thinking in policy, business and society on sustainable water use. This objective will be implemented by among others conferences, workshops, online activities, educational workshops, and exhibitions.
- Funding Information
- The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of the project under this call for proposals is estimated at 1.000.000 EUR (one million Euros).
Eligible activities must clearly involve artistic expression and use of digital technologies with a goal to promote a European vision on water. They can comprise among others:
- Art works/installations at the crossing of the digital and the arts that promote sustainable water use and inspire policy makers, business and citizens to engage towards a European vision on water.
- Short-term residencies of artists in companies/institutions from the digital and/or water sector to work jointly on possible projects that combine digital and art for sustainable water use.
- Experiments in water management inspired by artistic expression and enabled by digital technologies.
- Activities (workshops, talks, exhibitions…) that further collaborations of actors at the nexus of art-digital-water.
- A website (in collaboration with starts.eu) open to artists and interested citizens on future water visions that can serve as a gathering point for people and ideas to achieve sustainable use of water.
- Educational program for young adults bringing together artists and digital experts to promote knowledge on sustainable water use.
The call is open to:
- A grouping of entities (consortia)
Proposals may be submitted by any of the following applicants or combinations of:
- non-profit organisation (private or public);
- public authorities (national, regional, local);
- educational institutions;
- research/technology and art centres
- profit making entities.
- International organisations
- Natural persons are not eligible to apply for a grant under this call for proposals.