Herman H. Rose Civic, Cultural and Media Access Fund Grants Program

Rhode Island Foundation
Required Skill: 
Last date: 
Friday, January 15, 2021
Country: 
United States

Detailed Description

The Rhode Island Foundation is currently accepting applications for the Herman H. Rose Civic, Cultural and Media Access Fund Grants Program.

Philanthropist Herman Rose created this fund (formerly the Archive, Document, Display and Dissemination Fund) at the Foundation in 1986 to provide new incentives to strengthen libraries and other civic, cultural, and literacy-focused organizations and expand their role as community centers that stimulate dialogue around critical issues.

The Fund offers two grant opportunities:

Media Project Grants: Media Project Grants should assure greater access to information by targeted individuals. The goal may be achieved by doing one of the following:

  • Archive catalog collections of videos, programs, performances, or publications;
  • Document produce printed materials, DVDs, or other media to stimulate thoughtful discussion;
  • Display audio-visual, graphic, or combined presentations; or
  • Disseminate spread information and/or newly produced materials through the media (radio, television, newspapers, or the Internet).
  • Library Challenge Grants: Library Challenge Grants are intended to provide added funding for campaigns planned to meet local needs; i.e., annual fundraising drives or special campaigns directed toward acquisition of equipment, special collections, or more books, publications, and holdings in other media.

Funding Information

  • Media Project Grants: There are several levels of matching grants. Requirements for Media Project Grant applications are as follows:
  • For requests of $500 to $1,799: The grant may cover up to 60% of the total project cost. Agency must obtain the remaining 40% through other funding, matched funding, in-kind services (i.e., staff time), agency funds or funds from at least one external donor. Preference will be given to applicants whose board members provide matching funds.
  • For requests of $1,800 to $2,800: The grant may cover up to 50% of the total project cost. Agency must obtain the remaining 50% through other funding, matched funding, in-kind services (i.e., staff time), agency funds or funds from at least one external donor. Preference will be given to applicants whose board members provide matching funds.
  • For requests up to $4,000: The grant may cover up to 40% of the total project cost. Agency must obtain the remaining 60% through other funding, matched funding, in-kind services (i.e., staff time), agency funds or funds from at least one external donor. Preference will be given to applicants whose board members provide matching funds.
  • Library Challenge Grants: Grant amounts ranging from $500 to $2,800 will be negotiated in a discussion with the Foundation after applications are received.

Eligibility Criteria

  • Media Project Grants: Any nonprofit or municipal agency may apply for a project grant. Typical applicants are consortia developed around a particular concern, libraries, etc. While they ask that organizations limit their submissions to the Fund to one application per year, this does not limit an organization from applying to other funds administered by the Foundation.
  • Library Challenge Grants: Challenge Grants to support libraries may be requested by any Rhode Island library or library support organization with 501(c)(3) status or statement of standing as a municipal agency. It is up to you to suggest the challenge. Applications must be submitted each year prior to initiation of the campaign being challenged. The intent of these Challenge Grants is to encourage libraries to set monetary targets for their campaigns and to plan their fundraising tactics carefully before approaching the community. The Fund will not be the sole funder or first contributor to a campaign. Applicants must demonstrate commitments from other sources for this project.

Source:https://rifoundation.org/grant/herman-h-rose-civic-cultural-and-media-access-fund

Copyrights 2017. All rights reserved | Technology Partner: Indev Consultancy Pvt. Ltd