Innovate UK, as part of UK Research and Innovation, is investing up to £26 million to fund single and collaborative research and development projects as part of The Sustainable Innovation Fund.
The aim of this competition is to help all sectors of the UK rebuild after the effects of COVID-19.
The project can also focus on:
- decarbonisation, circular economy and/or biodiversity
- climate change and environmental sustainability
- geographic or regionally targeted innovation
- innovation that is aimed at commercial or residential users
- innovations that work across more than one sector
- Follow-on international opportunities that help the UK lead the world.
- Your project’s total eligible costs must be between £50,000 and £100,000.
To lead a project your organization must:
- be a UK registered business of any size
- carry out its project work in the UK
- be able to carry out project work under the current restrictions of COVID-19
- intend to exploit the results from or in the UK
- Academic institutions and research and technology organizations (RTOs) cannot lead or work alone but can be subcontractors.
The project must:
- have total eligible costs between £50,000 and £100,000
- be ready to start by 1 November 2020
- Last between three and six months.