EEA Grants Opens a Call for 2nd Round of Small Grants Scheme #1 – Initiatives for business growth in Startups to finance initiatives for business growth in Startups enterprises to develop, apply and commercialize innovative products and technologies.
The main objective of this Call is to finance initiatives for business growth in Startups enterprises to develop, apply and commercialize innovative products and technologies. This call will also promote cooperation between enterprises and research institutions, in order to foster user-driven research-based innovation.
The projects supported by this call will contribute to increase competitiveness, sustainability and profitability among Portuguese Startups and bring more innovation in their products, services and processes within the focus are of Blue Growth.
Projects must contribute towards the achievement of some or all of the overall programme’ targets. The scope of projects eligible for funding under this Call are the following:
- Develop and commercialize innovative technologies, processes and solutions;
- Apply innovative blue technologies/processes/solutions (new-to-the enterprise) which main objective is to increase competitiveness and sustainability of blue economy by greening their activity;
- Business development from early innovation stage up to testing of new technologies and supporting their first presentation to the market (piloting and demonstration facilities – TRL 4 – 9);
- New technologies, processes and solutions that directly or indirectly improve the environmental performance of the economic activities of blue economy, including limiting pollution through purification processes, making available more environmentally friendly products and production processes and technologies more efficient in handling/using of resources or in promoting energy efficiency.
- Available Fund: 1.029.469 €
- Maximum Grant Amount for each project: 150.000€
- Minimum Grant Amount for each project: 50.000€
- Fisheries/aquaculture (development of innovative products and technologies in fisheries/ fish farming sector);
- Fish and seafood transformation industry;
- Commercial ports;
- Ocean renewable energy sector;
- Maritime industry, including innovative maritime transport technologies;
- Maritime digitalization;
- Offshore and/or nearshore infrastructures;
- Robotics related to marine and maritime technologies;
- Technologies for deep sea resources and mapping;
- Shipbuilding and shipping (development of innovative products and technologies);
- Blue biotechnology;
- Nautical tourism;
- Environmental monitoring and surveillance activities.
Eligible promoters: SMEs established as legal persons in Portugal are considered eligible applicants of projects.
- Eligible applicants must have been established for at least six months prior to the deadline of application and they must have been in operation for no more than 5 years at the deadline of the call for proposal, which have not yet distributed profits and have not been formed through a merger (Startups).
- Natural persons are not eligible.
- Each promoter may submit one application only, and may participate in up to 2 more as a partner.
Eligible partners: Any public or private entity, commercial or non-commercial, as well as non-governmental organisations established as a legal person either in the Donor States or Portugal , actively involved in, and effectively contributing to, the implementation of a project, are considered eligible project partners.