About the Organization
The National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) is an autonomous body and premier think-tank of the Govt. of India on the urban sector. It provides advisory support on evidence based policy making and acts as a knowledge repository. NIUA frequently conducts independent research on key urban issues related to infrastructure policy & planning, municipal finance & governance, land use & transportation, urban livelihoods, environment & climate change, and smart cities etc.
Scope of Work
The Communications Consultancy Agency will be responsible for organizing and conducting IEC & outreach activities as required for the preparation of the Heritage Conservation Plan for the Walled City of Ahmedabad project. The main objective is to enhance the visibility of the project with strategic communication deliverables for outreach. The appointed agency will be responsible for preparing and supporting the implementation of strategic communication plan during the duration of the contract by working closely with the Client’s team based in the project city of Ahmedabad.
Stages of work: Key Deliverables Broad Timeline
- Stage 1: Communication Plan & Entry point activities: Brochures, posters, flash mobs, participatory theatre shows, storytelling competitions; September-October 2019
- Stage 2: 1st round of Community workshops/Focussed Group Discussions (FGDs): Short film, brochures, posters, participatory theatre shows, storytelling competitions; Starting in October till end of November 2019
- Stage 3: 1st round of Consultation workshops: Short film, brochures, posters; Starting in November till end of January 2020
- Stage 4: 2nd round of Community workshops/Focussed Group Discussions (FGD) & Consultation workshops: Short film, brochures, posters, participatory theatre shows ; February-May 2020
- Stage 5: Activities related to the launch event of Heritage Conservation Plan: Best practice document, video documentation; By end of June 2020
Qualifications of the Agency/ Eligibility
- At least five (5) years of experience as a Communications consultancy agency working in the development sector. Agencies empanelled with Department of Information, Government of Gujarat will be preferred.
- The agency should have: Prepared at least 5 films in development sector (with a focus on cultural heritage would be preferred);
- Developed outreach brochures, flyers, posters, banners, standees, coffee table books, etc. for development sector (samples of at least 5 collaterals with print counts to be attached);
- Conducted outreach & participatory events such as street theatre or flash mobs (samples of audio-visual documentation and script for at least 3 to be attached)
- Conducted community gatherings/discussions or consultation workshops (samples for at least 3 different projects with supporting documentation to be attached)
- Organised large scale outreach events (samples of at least 3 with supporting photographs and reports to be attached)
- Agency should have experience of all media verticals of community mobilization activities like activation, IEC material designing, trainings, film production, hoardings, module development, street plays and others mediums.
- The Agency may submit the proposal in individual capacity OR as a Consortium OR a Joint Venture (JV). In case of a JV or a consortium, the participating members must submit a letter of intent to form a Joint Venture or Consortium with a lead member (either for this assignment or in general for similar works), along with a power of attorney for the lead member to sign the Technical & Financial Proposal on the JV’s/Consortium’s behalf and that it shall be considered acceptable and binding on all the members.
The Agency must propose team composition for this assignment including at least the following 3 ‘Key personnel’ (as defined in the ‘Definitions’ section of annexure):
- Project Leader
- Key Communicator
- Graphic Designer
- with a minimum of 10 years of experience in leading & delivering large scale assignments OR conducting consultation workshops OR designing dissemination products OR all of above. In addition to these, the Agency may propose more ‘Key personnel’ as deemed appropriate.
- The Project Leader will be the authorised single point of contact for the duration of the project.
The team must have professionals (either as additional key personnel, non-key personnel or subcontractors/vendors) qualified in the area of social work, mass communication, development communication, etc. with following skills:
- Event ManagementGraphic Designin
- Community Engagement
- Content Writing
- Theatre & Drama
The Agency will specify in the team composition which of the above skills or roles will be through key personnel, non-key personnel or through sub-contractors/vendors, supported by CVs and letter of association
Financial Qualification: Bidder to be an organization with a gross annual average turnover of INR 50 lakh or above (three most recent Financial Years).