About the Organization:
Women's World Banking (WWB) is a non-profit organization that provides strategic support, technical assistance and information to a global network of 40 independent microfinance institutions (MFIs) and banks that offer credit and other financial services to low-income entrepreneurs in the developing world, with a particular focus on women.
The Rural Agent Banking consultant is a short-term role to support Women’s World Banking’s India advisory team in designing and delivering women centric banking services & products that serve low-income women in Rural India.
Women’s World Banking provides strategic support, technical assistance and information to a global network of 40 independent microfinance institutions (MFIs) and banks that offer credit and other financial services to low-income entrepreneurs in the developing world, with a particular focus on women. This role is for approximately 2 months starting in November 2020.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership on program activities that focus on rural low-income customers and banking correspondent networks.
- Identify opportunities to contribute to delivery channel design and improvements to drive financial inclusion by working directly with Financial Service providers (Public Sector Banks, Banking Correspondent channels, MFI, FPOs, SHG Groups etc.).
- Use Data & Market insights to design solutions towards building customer-centric rural delivery channels that seek to engage & influence women customers
- Provide field based expertise, insights and recommendations aimed at increasing last mile delivery of financial services including innovative technology, agent remuneration, and agent network management solutions
- Design and lead local training and financial literacy initiatives for various stakeholders including branches, BCs, SHGs and FPOs
- Coordinate among various organisations such as financial service provider associations, state / region level SRLM, NRLM bodies, etc.
- Work with a cross-functional team and coordinate with internal project teams and stakeholders independently to ensure timely delivery of milestones
- Perform other functions as assigned by the Project Manager / Team Lead
Skills & Attributes
- Forward thinking, cross-functional, high-performing, collaborative team member focused on delivering innovative customer experiences
- Excellent analytical skills, and the ability to synthesize data and information to provide a high-level view which is accessible to a range of audiences;
- Good management and coordination skills, with experience in implementation of programmes at the state level, documentation of project reports, development of dashboards, and stakeholder management
- Knowledge in the use of computer software packages for word-processing, excel, PowerPoint, databases and spreadsheets, and the internet. Excellent communications and documentation (MS Word, Excel) skills in English
- Supports a culture of excellence, openness, and the encouragement of new ideas;
- Availability to travel within India for field visits in rural India
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in related field including business, finance, etc.
- 5+ years of experience of working in Rural India financial service industry or in development sector in rural financial inclusion
- Fluency in English and Hindi
- Proven experience working with the financial sector stakeholders (public sector bank is preferred)
- Successful track record of designing, developing and/or supporting implementation of financial inclusion initiatives in rural areas with exposure banking correspondent programs, NRLM/SRLM programs are preferred.
- Experience is working with rural distribution channels & aggregators.
- Experience working with international agencies will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to execute and successfully achieve objectives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with aggressive timelines.
- Proven collaborative, negotiation, and persuasion skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; and ability to work with remote teams.