The Standards and Trade Development Facility (STDF) is inviting applications for the Project Preparation Grants (PPG).
The Standards and Trade Development Facility (STDF) is a global partnership to facilitate safe trade, contributing to sustainable economic growth, poverty reduction and food security. It promotes improved food safety, animal and plant health capacity in developing countries.
PPGs are intended to help overcome constraints faced by developing countries in the articulation of their SPS needs into complete project proposals that could be funded by the STDF or other donors. PPGs can be used for any of the following purposes (or a combination thereof):
- Application of SPS-related capacity evaluation and prioritization tools.
- Preparation of feasibility studies that precede project development to assess the potential impact and economic viability of proposals in terms of their expected costs and benefits; and/or
- Preparation of project proposals that can be funded by the STDF or other donors.
- PPGs may also be awarded to assist eligible beneficiaries to revise project proposals which the STDF Working Group deems of interest but in need of revision before final approval can be granted.
- Project preparation grants (PPG), up to a maximum of US$50,000
The following organizations are eligible to apply for STDF funding:
- Public sector entities (including regional or international bodies) with responsibility for SPS measures or policy, either in their own right or in cooperation with the private sector. The STDF encourages implementation of projects and activities through public private partnerships;
- Private sector entities, either in their own right or in cooperation with the public sector. Examples of private sector entities include legally registered farmers’ organizations, trade and industry associations, etc.;
- Non-profit non-governmental organizations (NG0s) with expertise in the SPS area and with an organization in the relevant benleficiary country or countries, in co-operation with the public and/or private sector; and
- STDF partners.