The Daiwa Foundation is currently seeking applications for its 2021 small grants program.
The Daiwa Anglo-Japanese Foundation is a UK charity, established in 1988 with a generous benefaction from Daiwa Securities Co Ltd. The Foundation’s purpose is to support closer links between Britain and Japan.
- Grants of £2,000-£7,000 are available to individuals, societies, associations or other bodies in the UK or Japan to promote and support interaction between the two countries.
- In order to fund as many applications as they possibly can, give their limited budget, they typically award £3,000 to successful Small Grant applications.
What kind of Projects is Eligible?
- Daiwa Foundation Small Grants can cover all fields of activity, including educational and grassroots exchanges, research travel, the organisation of conferences, exhibitions, and other projects and events that fulfil this broad objective.
- New initiatives are especially encouraged.
What kind of Projects is not Eligible?
Daiwa Foundation Small Grants cannot be used for:
- General appeals
- Capital expenditure (eg, building refurbishment, equipment acquisition, etc)
- Consumables (eg, stationery, scientific supplies, etc)
- School, college or university fees
- Research or study by an individual school/college/university student
- Salary costs or professional fees
- Commissions for works of art
- Retrospective grants
- Replacement of statutory funding
- Commercial activities.