Texas Women for the Arts (TWA), a program of the Texas Cultural Trust, is a state-wide giving circle whose mission is to awaken and nurture the artist in every Texas child. Established in 2005, TWA unites the financial forces of Texas women in funding arts education programs throughout the state.
- Applicants must have a 501(c)(3) designation with the following exceptions: religious organizations and city/county/state historical agencies.
- Current grantees are not eligible to apply after two (2) consecutive years of funding. Applicants may reapply after a waiting period of one (1) year.
- Applications must be sponsored by a current TWA member. Please note: The Texas Cultural Trust does not assign sponsors. It is the applicant’s responsibility to identify and solicit a TWA member to sponsor their application.
- To be eligible for consideration, the program for which applicants are seeking funding must reflect the mission of TWA: To awaken and nurture the artist in every Texas child.
- Name and email of sponsoring Texas Women for the Arts member (required).
- Please complete the application using the online form located here.
- Organization name, contact person and title, address, phone, and email.
- Eligibility documentation: 501(c)3 documentation, Federal EIN#
- Brief summary of the project for which funding is requested, including:
- Project purpose or vision;
- Project need;
- Project timeline, implementation, and plan for evaluation of results;
- Project budget – Including the total program and project costs. TWA grants/executive committees will;
- Determine grant amounts;
- Organization capacity and project feasibility. Including the organization’s annual budget, community;
- Partnerships, and any additional funding or support;
- Uniqueness and innovation of program;
- Location and demographics (income level and education level) of the population served.
- Is this a new program? How long has the program been in existence?
- Funding must be used within one year from the date the grant is awarded.
- Funding may only be used for the purpose of this project application.
- Any amendments must be requested in writing prior to the end of the project.