The Université Paris-Saclay, through the IDEX scholarships, aims to promote access to its master’s (nationally-certified degree) programs to international students, taught in its member establishments, and to make it easier for highly-qualified foreign students to attend its University especially those wishing to develop an academic project through research up to the doctoral level.
- Université Paris-Saclay, France and enrolled at one of the following member institutions:
- AgroParisTech, CentraleSupelec, Ecole Normale Supérieure ParisSaclay (ENS Paris-Saclay), INSTN-CEA, Institut d’Optique Graduate School (IOGS), Université d’Evry-Vald’Essonne (UEVE), Université Paris-Saclay (UPSaclay), Université de Versailles-Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines (UVSQ).
Level/Field of study:
All Master’s programmes in all academic fields for which Université Paris-Saclay is accredited, except for vocational training.
Number of Awards:
- The scholarship amount is €10,000 per year. It is paid by Université ParisSaclay for the duration of the academic year, and for a period of no less than 10 consecutive months per year (September to June). A maximum of €1,000 for travel and visa expenses is also awarded depending on the candidate’s country of origin.
- These scholarships are awarded for 1 or 2 years depending on the admission level (M1 or M2) and subject to students completing the required number of credits to advance to the next year level.
Students admitted to a Université Paris-Saclay Master’s programme delivered by one of the following institutions: AgroParisTech, CentraleSupelec, ENS Paris-Saclay, INSTN-CEA, IOGS, UEVE, UPSaclay, UVSQ. Among these students, only those who answer one of the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Newly arrived international students, aged 30 and less during the course of the selection year.
- Students of foreign nationality living on the French soil for less than a year, previously or currently enrolled in a training course or internship that does not lead to certification.
- Students of foreign nationality living on the French soil for less than a year, taking language classes (type FFL).
- Students who have lived in France in the past, within the framework of a mobility programme during their studies (e.g. Erasmus Mundus Joint Master’s Degrees, exchange programme…) that did not lead to certification.
- All students who have been or who are enrolled in a French higher education institution during their studies, except international students enrolled in a French higher education institution abroad.
- Individuals who have interrupted their studies for more than 3 consecutive years.
- Students holding any other type of scholarship whose amount exceeds €600/month.
- To be considered for the scholarships, students must first be admitted to a Master’s Programme offered at Université Paris-Saclay. Being admitted into a master’s program of the University does not automatically entitle you to a scholarship.
- Only students who receive an email from Université Paris-Saclay inviting them to apply for a Université Paris-Saclay IDEX scholarship will be able to submit an application. No unsolicited application is allowed.
- The deadline for receipt of full applications is 16 May 2021.
- It is important to read the 2021-22 Scholarship Guidelines and visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.