The Weir Charitable Trust is seeking applications for its Grant Program to support services/projects, run by Scottish-based community groups and small charities.
- Sport: encouraging and increasing public participation in sport (activities that involve physical skill and exertion).
- Recreational facilities: the provision or organisation of recreational facilities (buildings, pitches or similar) with the aim of improving the conditions of life for the people for whom the facilities are primarily intended. This is only in relation to facilities that are primarily intended for people who need them due to age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantages.
- Animal welfare: for the advancement of animal welfare.
- Health: the advancement of health, including prevention or relief of sickness, disease or human suffering.
- Culture: supporting the heritage – tangible or otherwise – of Scotland, through projects that encourage participation in and preservation of Scotland’s distinctive culture.
- Community groups and small charities, based in Scotland and providing services in Scotland, who are struggling to secure funds through mainstream funders or who have unsuccessfully explored all the statutory sources of funding.