Senior Research / Project Associate
Public health foundation of india(PHFI), Delhi/NCR, India
Closing Date for Applications:
Seeking a dynamic, mature and motivated individual to manage and assist in research around a cluster of research projects that focus on the following areas:
- Urban Health Policy : research around urban health governance, inequities and urban health systems
- Universal Health Coverage: projects around primary health care, quality of care and health system reform
- BioDiaspora - a web-based platform for tracking infectious disease outbreaks using airline data and human migration patterns
- PHFI-CamTech partnership on health technology innovations on Reproductive and Child health
- Conduct and coordinate research activities to support research portfolio.
- Conduct and write up high quality literature reviews and synthesis in areas of urban health and universal health coverage.
- Assist in qualitative and quantitative research.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with domestic and international external partners
- Plan projects and coordinate deliverables in collaboration with external partners.
- Prepare effective project documentation and reporting.
- Develop and effectively manage program timelines to ensure timely completion of program deliverables. Coordination with stakeholders (including donor agency, government and non-government/ implementing partners).
- Manage and develop dynamic content for the PHFI-UHC website.
- Engage, educate, and inform national and state- level policy makers. Conduct environmental scans, information gathering and analysis of information and research community engagement.
- Participate in monthly meetings (sometimes bi-monthly) regarding implementation, sustainability, and national/local best practices.
- Manage and coordinate programmatic meetings including managing external partners on data collation.
- Develop publications, grant applications, and reports through collaborative writing and editing.
- Track relevant activities in public health and related fields to inform constituents and partners.
- Develop formal presentations and other materials for use during program-related events.
- Develop written and online tools including survey and evaluation instruments.
- Serve as programmatic liaison to external partners, including representing organization at national, regional and local conferences and meetings.
- Any other activities as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s degree in Public Health/Social Sciences/Health Administration/Health Technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- A cooperative team player who can multitask
- Strong understanding of public health policy and practice
- Good working knowledge of computers including MS office , Excel and other software.
- Experience in providing technical assistance to community leaders.
- Ability to work with diverse groups.
- Understanding or experience with program evaluation.
- Willing to travel extensively.
- Minimum 5 - 8 years of experience working on public health, public policy, management, and/or community-based issues (technical, program planning, management and implementation) working on a large project.
- Candidates should have strong demonstrable skills in analytical thinking, writing and operational research methods.
- Experience in urban health, health systems research, public health.
- Annual Salary (CTC) will be approximately between 8-9 lakhs (negotiable for the right candidate) and an excellent benefits package and will be based on the available skills and fitment of the incumbent as per the selection process.
- Applications, along with detailed CV, may be sent to: email@example.com. Please highlight the Position Code (PHFI-POAS-4) in the subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.