2015 Fund Internship Program (Legal Department)
International Moneraty Fund(IOM), Washington DC, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
- The IMF's Legal Department is also seeking applications for a summer intern position as part of the 2015 Fund Internship Program. The duration of the internship will be 10-13 weeks, which will be undertaken sometime between May and October 2015 (the actual period of the internship will be agreed between the department and the successful candidate).
- The selected candidate will work in one of the units of the Legal Department under the supervision and guidance of a senior member of the unit. Projects assigned (which differ from year to year) will be determined at a time closer to the start of the internship to ensure that they are directly aligned with the department's work program and, to the extent possible, with the interests of the intern. Research covers a broad spectrum of legal issues as the examples below from previous years illustrate:
- Analysis of the legal framework for capital controls under the European Economic Area
- Research on the insolvency of non bank financial institutions
- Research on the legal mandate of the IMF in financial regulation
- Cross-country comparisons of effectiveness of AML/CFT efforts
Qualifications : To be eligible for the internship, candidates must
- Be within one or two years of completing their L.L.M. or equivalent degree in law.
- Be in student status, i.e., must be returning to university after their internship.
- Should normally not exceed 32 years of age.
- Have an excellent command of English (both written and oral).
- Possess strong quantitative and computer skills.
- All applications will be acknowledged, but only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Applicants must attach the following to their job applications to be eligible:
- CV or Résumé;
- University transcript; and
- Two academic reference letters
- Please note: if you are unable to attach 2 academic reference letters to your application, we will request them after your selection for further consideration.