ABA-ROLI-Director of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
ABA, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Set up and manage a comprehensive monitoring, evaluation, and learning
(MEL) system, aimed at improving the evidence-based program design, strengthening decision-making during program implementation, and enhancing the ability to incorporate learning in programs and across division efforts. Foster an organizational culture for
learning, evidence-based programming, and adaptive management. Supervise and manage the MEL team to design and implement MEL activities and provide strategic direction for the same. Ensure that lessons learned are documented and factored into program design, and programmatic learning is integrated in program implementation to
continuously improve the quality of interventions and outcomes.
- Provide leadership and direction in the development and implementation of a MEL
- Including plans, processes, and tools that strengthen the evidence base of
- strategic interventions and build a continuous learning framework.
- Oversee global and sectoral targets and indicators ensuring performance is measurable
- and measured, and programs learn from outcomes and impacts.
- Develop and/or strengthen systems and standards of excellence in monitoring and evaluation data collection and data management across programs
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders and regional program teams in setting
- monitoring, evaluation, and learning standards, systems and tools that are pertinent to
- their regions and applicable to the specific sector or country within which
- they focus their efforts.
- Develop plans, organize and lead teams, oversee studies and evaluations that help
- identify specific thematic priorities and theories of change, in areas
- relevant to programs.
- Engage with partners, donors, research institutions and other networks for knowledge
- sharing and joint efforts for MEL.
Performs other related duties as required.
- Possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university or the equivalent degree from a non-U.S. country; or a Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school or the equivalent law degree from a non-U.S. country
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in implementing monitoring, evaluation, and learning that is geared towards learning, with demonstrated success in managing or overseeing multiple program M&E initiatives
- Experience designing and implementing M&E in programs at the field level and at program oversight level with demonstrated success working with program teams in M&E efforts
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing a team of experts or staff, either for evaluations/assessments or program implementation efforts
- Proficiency in at least one statistical software (e.g. SAS, SPSS, or Stata, R) and/or qualitative analysis software (e.g.,Dedoose, RQDA, or NVivo)
Preferred Qualifications: Demonstrated success in networking with research or academic institutions
Demonstrated success in organizing or hosting global conferences on
development issues and themes
Proven track record of successful working relationships with US Government
Previous experience in designing, monitoring and evaluating rule of law programs
The ideal candidate will combine strong management skills and rigorous
quantitative/qualitative expertise with an ability to summarize complex data and tell a story
Highly developed English-language writing and presentation skills; strong scientific and technical writing skills
Previous work experience overseas, and proficiency in one or more foreign