Manage the books of accounts of Indians for Amnesty International Trust (IAIT) and ensure that deadlines are met, payments processed on time and the Balance Sheet (including bank accounts) well managed. Ensure that adequate financial systems, management systems, reporting systems and financial controls are in place and that financial procedures are being followed.
Accounting and Banking Services
- Ensure that the organization’s accounting records are maintained to an appropriately high standard and that they comply with organisational policy, statutory requirements and with generally accepted accounting principles
- Processing Petty Cash settlements, advance settlements with confirmation of closing balances, third party settlements with appropriate TDS deduction as per policy
- Escalating any deviations from policy to the – management
- Maintenance of books of account and asset management
- Managing daily cash flows
- Generation and circulation of MIS Reports as per agreed time line.
- Liaise with the Amnesty India’s bankers to ensure they provide a high quality service.
- Issue of cheques and updating cheques control file .
- Bank correspondence and bank reconciliation
- Preparation and monitoring of budgets
- Annual closing of books of accounts
Payroll Management: Ensure proper timely payroll processing after ensuring appropriate deduction of PF, ESI, TDS, Professional Tax, Advances, s, etc., as per policy. Make accurate and timely deductions, deposits and filing of returns for PF, Professional Tax and TDS
Skills and Requirements
- Support for and belief in the aims of Indians for Amnesty International Trust.
- Relevant experience of at least 3-5 years in independently handling all the responsibilities mentioned above preferably in the NGO sector, including dealing with banks, auditors, statutory authorities, vendors, etc.
- Excellent practical knowledge of booking keeping concepts, Tally accounting software and MS Excel.
- Willing to learn and implement new accounting, payroll and related software as per changing needs.
- Ability to converse and write comfortably in English
- Organized, with a keen attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi task and work independently under pressure while maintaining accuracy, eye for detail and system integrity
- Aptitude to work and contribute as a team member