UNICEF Supply Division in Copenhagen is seeking a highly motivated Accounts Associate to support the Accounting & Invoice Certification Unit.
For Every Child…Commitment
The position is placed in the Accounting and Invoice Certification Unit (AICU) of the Financial Management Centre (FMC) in UNICEF’s Supply Division. AICU is responsible for various accounting tasks, including warehouse accounting.
How Can You Make a Difference?
Reporting to Accounting Manager with the responsibility for the overall warehouse accounting and other accounting tasks performed by AICU, the position is responsible for ongoing, accurate and timely recording and analytical work related to but not limited to warehouse accounting.
The responsibilities for the position are the following:
- Processes, reviews and analyzes SAP transactions, payments and account balances mainly but not limited to the warehouse accounting area, identifies and initiates required adjustments;
- Executes year-end and month-end accounting procedures and reconciliations relating to the area of responsibility;
- Designs and prepares financial reports for internal management and third parties, if required. Prepares exception and/or periodic reports, statements, schedules, summaries analysis and work papers relating to areas of warehouse accounting (and other areas as and if required);
- Monitors and ensures systems and reports comply with UNICEF’s Financial Rules and Regulations, and third-party requirements;
- Participates in the design, testing and implementation of new and revised systems relating to area of responsibility. Designs Excel spreadsheets to support the monitoring of special projects;
- Recommends system and process improvements identified during performance of duties and responsibilities;
- Contributes to the regular review of business processes and manuals, and divisional and centre procedures;
- Performs other ad hoc tasks in related areas as required and provides back up to support colleagues within the unit and other business units.
To qualify as a Champion for every Child you will have…
- Secondary school, including courses in accounting from a recognized commercial school.
- A minimum of Six (6) years of broad accounting experience.
- Experience in SAP financial modules or other ERP systems.
- Good knowledge of MS Office package, particularly Excel.
- Working experience in accounting.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and standards.
- Fluency in English.
- Valid work permit and residency in Denmark at the time of submitting the application. Note that the selected candidate is responsible for obtaining any required extension of their residence permit as such an extension cannot be dependent on an employment with UNICEF
- University level courses in accounting, business or finance.
- Accounting qualification in ACCA, CPA, CIMA or equivalent diplomas in accounting, business administration, financial management, economics or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience in the areas of project management and systems development would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of month-end reporting processes.
- Proficiency in another UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish).
- Experience working in an international/ governmental (non-profit) organization.