UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, an advocate
The Admin/Finance section is centrally managing the entire portfolio in a large country office with 5 various locations in Lebanon. Considering the gap which will result from the expiry of the Admin Consultant contract and the recruitment of a new Admin Assistant-G4 with a large volume of workload; There is a need to caliber the working force in the unit with the emerging requirements, to keep the excellent level of support. Especially that the type of work requires continuous follow ups with keeping attention to minor details. Therefore, to maintain our service delivery and not to disrupt the office workflow, the section is seeking the support of the intern for 3 months to provide the operations support needed
How can you make a difference?
Scope of work:
The intern will work closely with the Admin/Finance team and carry out the below activities:
- Maintaining vehicle maintenance records;
- Ensuring transportation vouchers are compiled;
- Supporting in the administrative arrangements for conferences, meetings and hotel booking;
- Supporting the Admin/Finance and Human Resources team with the Enterprise Content Management migration;
- Support in pouch delivery and receipt for the entire UNICEF Lebanon office;
Deliverables and Schedules:
- Provide monthly vehicle maintenance;
- Compilation of transportation vouchers are correctly compiled on a monthly basis;
- Ensure Administrative arrangements for conferences and meetings are timely and correctly met;
- Proper pouch delivery and receipt arrangements as per the required timeline;
- Provide adequate hotel booking maintenance;
- Ensure proper Enterprise Content Management migration with collaboration with the HR and Admin/Finance team;
- The supervisor and the Admin/Finance team will provide training and guidance to the Intern.
- The intern is expected to work from the UNICEF Lebanon office in Beirut. A designated workspace will be assigned and an office laptop will be provided.
- No travel is anticipated as part of this assignment
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Enrolled in a degree programme in an undergraduate or graduate school in Business Administration or have graduated within the past two years.
- Excellent academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of MS Office and computer skills (MS applications, especially Word, Publisher and Excel).
- Strong command of English is essential. Knowledge of Arabic and/or French is considered an asset.
- A high level of individual responsibility, commitment and initiative.
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive