United Nations Office for Project Services, Brindisi, Italy
Closing Date for Applications:
The global objective of having a qualified and experienced Medico-administrative assistant to the clinic is to ensure quality implementation of UNGSC Clinic operational strategies, support the daily functioning of the clinic and to coordinate logistical and administrative services efficiently.
The incumbent of this position will be a staff member of UNOPS under its full responsibility.
The incumbent will administratively report to UNOPS IT Project and Operations Manager in Valencia and, within delegated authority and under the technical coordination of the Clinic nurses of the Global Service Centre in Brindisi, the medico-administrative assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provides clinic front desk support, receives and checks in patients and assists them in accessing services in a timely manner.
- Performs intake procedures and registration functions in the electronic clinic database and routes the services requested to the nurses and/or doctor for handling as required.
- Answers calls, provides information to callers, routes calls as appropriate, take clear & concise messages and contacts appropriate through the implementation of an appointment system.
- Maintains appointment books, schedules patients in the clinic, and organizes appointments with external facilities and/or medical specialists ensuring adequate provider coverage and smooth patient flow and customer satisfaction.
- Maintains and monitors calendar/schedule of the medical staff, prepares monthly statistics and activity reports, and communicates relevant information to staff and/or supervisors.
- Sets up meetings as requested, arranging for appropriate equipment and initiates follow-up calls as necessary and gathers information for meetings to assure a well-organized event
- Files and scans documents in the electronic medical database in order to maintain complete records regarding patients and clinic operations.
- Maintains and updates inventory of clinic supplies and assets monthly, documents and orders what is needed.
- Contacts and complete work orders for the IT and Facilities Management units.
- Assists the nurses in the preparation of budget and information for audit.
- Assists in distributing surveys and occupational health risk assessments in the workplace.
- Ensures provision of informative material for medical briefings, presentations and Occupational Safety and Health awareness campaigns
- Demonstrates professional, courteous, and respectful attitude during interactions with patients and guests of the clinic maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Quality medical administrative support have an impact on the efficiency of the UNGSC Clinic. Accurate and timely production and processing of administrative documents and requirements strengthens the capacity of the UNGSC Clinic.
- The result of work of the medico- administrative assistant increases customer satisfaction and contributes to the good health and wellbeing of the UNGSC personnel. The incumbents’ own initiative and ability to handle multiple priorities and to deal calmly with clients under stressful health situations is decisive in results of work and timely finalization.
- The result of work will also ensure proper processes and methodologies are followed and implemented according to the United Nations medical standards, policies and guidelines.
- High school diploma is required.
- A University degree (Masters or Bachelors degree) may substitute for some of the required number of years of experience.
- Four (4) years of progressive experience in administrative duties is required.
- Desirable (The following experience is optional. Candidates who do not have it are welcome to apply):
- Experience in the medical administrative field is highly desirable.
- Fluency in both Italian and English is required.
- Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an asset.