Overall purpose of the role:
To ensure that staff travel tickets are booked on time after receipt of TRF’s and TRC’s as stipulated in the travel policy, central mail system is in place, payments are processed as per docket, Reception and office management is as per DRC set standard
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for timely flight bookings in line with the DRC travel policy.
- Proactively provide timely response to all flight bookings related grievances from time to time.
- Ensure that approved Travel Request and authorization forms (TRF) and Travel Clearance Request (TCR) are received before making any flight bookings.
- Circulate pre-arrival packs to the guests before travel dates.
- Control the central mailing system for Kampala and ensure that it’s active.
- Proactively report any deviations to the norm to the Administration Team Leader.
- Process payments to service providers under your operational docket to be reviewed by the Administration
- Team Leader for accuracy. These payments will relate to travel, utilities (cooking gas, running water, electricity, Garbage, and Stan kit).
- Maintain the reception area in a clean, warm, and orderly manner.
- Offer exceptional and proactive customer care and support to all DRC guests, staff and other stake holders and ensure that they receive timely assistance and attention from time to time.
- Organize and schedule appointments.
- Receiving phone calls in a friendly and professional manner and offer assistance to all callers in a timely and proactive manner.
- Display necessary notices and memos on the office notice boards as requested by Team Leader Administration Or any SMT member.
- Ensure that all running adverts are pinned on the notice boards and updated on a regular basis in an orderly manner.
- Ensure that the office notice board is highly organized and updated from time to time.
- Ensure availability of tea, coffee, drinking water, cooking gas in the office at all times.
- Manage timely and orderly filing of office administrative documents from time to time.
- Responsible for monthly stock taking of consumable and stationary stores and monitor consumption and timely
- Replenishment. share report with Team Leader Administration for physical confirmation of stock.
- Ensure that the stationary and consumable stores are clean, organized and items are properly coded.
Others: Act as backup in the absence of the Administration Team Leader.
Experience and technical competencies:
Minimal – Graduate/Post Graduate
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Administration or any other related field. Management.
Languages: Fluency in English.