For every child, a fair chance...
Children in West and Central Africa have their rights violated on daily basis to an extreme extent. They die from malaria, diarrheal diseases and vaccine-preventable diseases such as measles.
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you through your application to the following:
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Regional Chief of Operations, this position is a regional one, with a specific focus on providing adequate quality and quantity technical support, oversight and capacity building activities to 24 Countries in a challenging and complex region, for matters related to Budget Management, Finance and Administration.
- Lead regional technical support, oversight and capacity building activities on all Administrative, Financial and Budgetary matters for the 24 Countries of the West and Central Africa Region;
- Lead preparation, coordination and reporting for the Regional Technical Review Team and Programme Budget Review;
- Lead, in coordination with relevant colleagues, preparation, monitoring and reporting on the Regional Office's Annual Management Plan;
- Coordinate Regional Operations Team's contribution to the Regional Office Annual Report;
- Coordinate, in cooperation with relevant colleagues, review and monitoring of the Annual Management Plans of the 24 Country Offices;
- Lead and coordinate Regional Operations Team's review of Country Offices' Annual Reports;
- Lead and coordinate support to Country Offices in the Implementation of Business Operations Strategies (BOS) in coordination with other UN agencies.
- Serve as the Regional Office focal point for matters related to the operational Common Services Unit serving both the Regional Office and the Senegal Country Office;
- Be member of relevant internal and external committees as instructed by the Supervisor;
- Undertake any specific risks mitigation assignment as requested by the Supervisor.
How can you make an impact...?
To qualify as a Change Agent for every Child, you will have.
- Advanced university degree in Finance/Accounting, Audit, or any relevant area.
- At least 8 years of experience in dealing with Administrative, Financial and Budgetary matters, including at least 3 years in a large country Office or a Regional Office.
- Fluency in French and English is required, both in writing and verbal
For every Child, you advocate and demonstrate.
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- Leading and Supervising [II]
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts [II]
- Analyzing [II]
- Applying Technical Expertise [II]
- Planning and Organizing [III]