The Admin and Logistics Coordinator will perform a variety of administrative, logistics, procurement, and office support duties. Positions require knowledge of FHI360 and WAMERO policies and procedures in order to communicate information involving programs, functions, and services. Duties performed may include preparation of documents and reports, the use of office technology, compiling records, organizing and maintaining files, posting information, greeting/referring/assisting others, mail distribution, and photocopying. The range of duties includes, but is not limited to, collecting and verifying data, summarizing and reconciling information or financial data, records management, review and processing, research and inventory. Responsible for, and accountable for, the delivery of all logistics related activities in accordance with the organization’s logistics policies and procedures. Establishes all operational aspects to support project delivery in resource-scarce and highly insecure environments. The Admin and Logistics Coordinator ensures activity operations, coordinates purchasing, and will serve as the procurement coordinator. S/he will be responsible for implementing operations processes and systems in accordance with home office guidance and directives. Collaborates with colleagues across within FHI’s Global Procurement office and WAMERO to identify system needs, process bottlenecks, and to develop unique solutions to enable more timely, efficient, and accountable operations. The position is based in Bamenda, Cameroon and reports to the Finance and Operations Manager.
- Provides administrative support to staff for copying, faxing and large- scale mailings.
- Responds to staff requests for administrative support as needed.
- Sets up and maintain files, prepares reports, presentations and graphics, provides employees with office supplies, performs data entry, proofreads, and compiles special reports
- Receives and distributes incoming mailing and coordinates outgoing mail, including courier services, postage meter account, and interoffice mail distribution.
- Schedules meetings and meeting arrangements.
- Provides meeting support as needed (e.g., scheduling conference rooms, coordinating food, logistics).
- Determine transportation requirements, secure transportation assets, and maintain records.
- Establish and maintain asset and inventory registry in Headquarter (HQ) and the field, including equipment allocation & maintenance, and dispose of assets in accordance with donor regulations.
- Ensure logistic and procurement activities are properly documented and fully adhere to United States Government (USG) export compliance as well as destination country importation & customs regulations and relevant protocols.
- Collaborate with HQ support departments to identify operations and administration process bottlenecks, and develop solutions appropriate for operations.
- Determine field operating costs allocated to logistics and procurement, including expense forecast and pipeline analysis.
- Communicates with both internal and external personnel as required.
- Prepares and maintains documentation, plans, reports, schedules, databases, spreadsheets, logs, etc. to support functions.
- May handle special projects
- Support the security focal point as required, including coordination support of staff safety and movement protocols, coordination of 3rd party security providers, and providing support to develop security standard operating procedures.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Uses established filing and data systems, functions, and/or procedures that require knowledge of the program.
- Reviews data and information for completeness and accuracy using standard guidelines; performs tasks with attention to detail.
- Understands software used to perform day-to-day functions.
- Uses office software programs, information systems, and office equipment to access, input, and verify standard information.
- Communicates information clearly to staff, clients, and partners about services, processes, and procedures using prescribed or established guidelines.
- Capable negotiator, with experience establishing contracts, managing vendors, and ensuring products/services are delivered per specifications.
- Knowledge of international donor procurement regulations and coordination experience.
- Excellent verbal and written French and English skills required
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems of diverse scope that require analysis or interpretation of various factors.
- Exercises judgment within selecting methods and techniques to determine appropriate
- Recognizes, defines and resolves non-standard problems using operating procedures, practices and established precedents.
- Resolves recurring issues and problems as well as some unique situations.
- Anticipates problems and develops recommendations for management resolution.
- General supervision and instructions given for routine work and detailed instructions given for new activities or special assignments.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field. Certification in logistics or procurement a plus.
- 5+ years of related experience
- Work requires organization, attention to detail in establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Experience managing logistics and operations.
- Experience establishing start up operations in new countries preferred.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Prior work experience in a non- governmental organization (NGO).
- Prior experience using Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
- Must demonstrate excellent analytical and organizational skills. Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English and French.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
- Exceptional skills in automated accounting systems and use of Excel spreadsheets.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in French and English.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high volume workflow.
- For Cameroon nationals or individuals with authorization to work in Cameroon only.