(Please Note: This is a re-advertisement of VA No. UNWOMEN/MCO/FTA/2019/003 announced on 28 August 2019. Individuals who submitted their application for this vacancy notice will not be considered for the position and need not re-apply.)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women’s Office, based in New Delhi, India, works to accelerate the advancement of gender equality and the empowerment of women through the strengthening of strategic partnerships, technical and policy advisory services and advocacy with governmental, inter-governmental and civil society partners. In addition, UN Women CO is charged with leading and coordinating the UN system’s work on gender equality, including through ensuring accountability for results.
Under the overall guidance and the daily supervision of the Operations Manager, the Administrative Assistant supports the execution of transparent and efficient procurement services and processes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. She/he also works in collaboration with programme and operations staff to successfully deliver procurement services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide administrative and coordination support to procurement strategies in accordance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and strategies:
- Research and draft responses to enquiries for clearance by the Operations Manager;
- Provide inputs to the implementation of procurement management policies and strategies on cost saving and reduction;
- Implement procurement management policies and strategies;
- Contribute to the development of sourcing strategies.
Coordinate procurement processes for the Multi Country Office:
- Provide inputs to the preparation of procurement plans for programmes/projects;
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and projects equipment, supplies and services, as necessary;
- Prepare Request for Quotations (RFQ), Invitation to Bids (ITBs) or Request for Proposals (RFPs) documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, as necessary;
- Perform Buyer role in Atlas, prepare/close Purchase Orders (POs) and contracts in and outside Atlas;
- Organize travel including purchase of tickets, Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) calculation;
- Prepare submissions to the Procurement Review Committee (PRC), as necessary.
Coordinate contract management processes for the Multi Country Office:
- Provide administrative support to contract management processes; maintain databases;
- Develop and update the rosters of suppliers;
- Maintain filing system.
Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Participate in trainings for the operations/projects staff;
- Provide support to the synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices.
Ensure proper control of assets:
- Maintain records of assets management and prepare reports;
- Provide input to inventory reports;
- Implement the inventory and physical verification control in the office and projects;
- Update the databases or other relevant electronic management systems with asset, human resources and procurement data for use by CO/ MCO, Regional Office and HQ;
- Arrange shipments and conference facilities.
Organize logistical services:
- Process requests for visas for all UN travelers;
- Arrange hotel reservations for visiting UN/UN Women officials;
- Organize hotel and event arrangements for all official UN Women meetings/ functions, engagements, ensure that all requirements are catered for as required;
- Arrange transportation for high-level officials;
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely coordination, facilitation and implementation of procurement activities based on procurement plans and available budget.
- Proper and accurate maintenance of files and databases, documents are easily retrievable.
- Timely organization of transport and logistics activities.
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of secondary education is required;
- Procurement Certification from an internationally recognized educational institute; or a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration or related field is an asset;
- Willingness to take UN Women internal procurement certifications is required.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, administration or related experience;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc);
- Experience in Enterprise Resource Management System (ERP) is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Hindi is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.