The Administrative Assistant assists the Administration and Finance Officer and works in close collaboration with all units of the Administration and Finance section of OCHA DRC in Kinshasa and in the field.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist in the implementation of operational strategies:
Ensure full compliance of administrative activities with UN / UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
Provide inputs for the mapping of Office / Country administrative processes and the implementation of internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Provide inputs for the preparation of results-based work plans for the administrative team.
Assist in the effective and efficient functioning of the Administration & Finance section:
- Ensure contact with visitors and staff;
- Prepare and attend meetings as an interpreter if necessary and / or taking notes.
- Compile and prepare briefing and presentation materials, speeches, background information and documentation for meetings and missions.
- Translate simple correspondence, if necessary.
Provide efficient administrative and logistical support:
- Prepare purchase orders for travel activities.
- Organize travel and hotel reservations; prepare travel authorizations, process visa applications, identity cards and other documents.
- Provide administrative support for the organization of conferences, workshops, retreats, etc.
- Collect information relating to DSA, travel agencies and other administrative inquiries and support the organization of common services.
- Ensure the verification and recording of the daily consumption of vehicles, ensuring the update of a historical report.
- Manage office supplies, maintaining a stationery stock list, distributing stationery as required by staff and keeping a distribution journal.
- Maintain a good filing system for confidential documents.
- Extract data from various sources.
- Search and retrieve statistical data from internal and external sources; prepare statistical tables and reports.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and the coordination of the collection and submission of reports to the head of unit.
- Assist in budget preparation and provide information for the audit.
Provide office maintenance and asset management support:
- Maintenance of records on asset management, preparation of reports.
- Maintenance of files and records relating to office maintenance
- Support for the maintenance of common premises and common services
Support knowledge building and sharing in the country office:
- Participate in the training of administration staff.
- Make strong contributions to knowledge sharing
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Minimum a high school diploma required. Further training or a university degree in secretarial, administration and / finance or any other related field desired.
Experience: A progressive professional experience of at least five years acquired in the field of Administration, secretariat, protocol and / or Finance.
- Experience within the United Nations System or International NGO, particularly with OCHA, in the place of assignment is a considerable asset.
- Good analytical skills;
- Initiative, tact, negotiating, analytical and communication skills;
- Ability to work in a multiracial and multicultural environment;
- Ability to work productively under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Have a good knowledge of management software and applications ( Ms Excel, Ms Word, Windows ) and the Internet tool.
- Perfect command of French;
- Ability to write and speak English is an asset.
- Fluency in at least one of the local languages is a considerable asset.