The UN City Copenhagen is a vibrant workplace for 12 different UN agencies. Almost 1,700 people from more than 100 different countries are working at Campus 1 on Marmorvej in Nordhavn and tens of thousands visiting it per year for meetings, conferences and touring the building.
Inaugurated in 2013 it remains one of the most energy efficient buildings in Scandinavia of its size with Platinum LEED certificate. It is a building that is frequently visited by delegations from around the world for its architecture and energy solutions. It is a continuous work of improving and refining its already high sustainability standards while providing a productive and conducive work environment and meeting facilities.
The Administrative Associate (Building Maintenance Mgmt) will be responsible to keep and evolve the service levels to ensure a productive and conducive physical work environment. He/she will be heading a small team to help identify and detect service needs, find solutions and capacities to address those. The incumbent will plan, budget and monitor maintenance and development needs. All work is done through a sustainability lens to find ways to minimize climate impact that is measured and reported continuously by the Administrative Associate (Building Maintenance Mgmt) to LEED and top management. The Administrative Associate (Building Maintenance Mgmt) will together with common services management continuously identify quality improvements, efficiencies and smart services for the building.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ensures effective and efficient provision of building maintenance services, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Develop, monitor and report on building maintenance workplan;
- Collect information and report on building performance;
- Propose and articulate service improvements;
- Identify and estimate impact of different building environment improvements;
- Coordination/supervision and Monitoring of Services provided by Contractors;
- Preparation of specifications and evaluation of bids;
- Plan and systemize maintenance schedules and physical improvement projects in short and long term;
Respond to emergency calls for maintenance.
Ensures effective administrative and financial control in the Building Maintenance Team, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assistance (provision of inputs) in the preparation of the building maintenance budget for the next year running cost;
- Assistance to maintenance of administrative control records such as commitments and expenditures;
- Review, research, verification and reconciliation of a variety of data and reports ensuring accuracy and conformance with administrative rules and regulations;
- Assists in cost-benefit analysis of building maintenance services provided;
- Assist the Administrative Specialist in developing cost estimates for new services and building needs;
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, audit and other reports.
Coordination and supervision of maintenance staff focusing on service performance in terms of quality and efficiency:
- Prepares individuals work plans, career development and job-related training;
- Review and assess staff’s performance by conducting performance appraisal processes in consultation with the Administrative Specialist.
Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of training for the building maintenance staff on administration;
- Briefing to staff members on general building maintenance matters and provision of advice;
- Perform other administrative support, as required;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary Education with minimum seven (7) years experience OR Bachelors degree in a relevant field with four (4) years experience;
- University degree in Engineering desirable but is not a requirement;
- Certifications in facility management would be an advantage.
- 4-7 years of work experience required in building maintenance including some experience supervising and coordination within a team;
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures is required;
- Knowledge of building structures would be an asset;
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems is desirable;
- Good knowledge of ERP systems (such as PeopleSoft) is desirable;
- Experience with vendor management and collection of bids on special projects would be desirable.
- Fluency in English and Danish required.
- The usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel etc.) is required;
- Knowledge of protocol and security issues is desired;
- Non-Smoking environment.