Administrative Expenses Analyst
Islamic Development Bank, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Closing Date for Applications:
Provide financial analysis and oversight over payments related to administrative expenses to ensure that all transactions are in compliance with the internal financial controls and Bank rules as first level approver. Support detailed analysis, annual planning and periodic forecasting of the administrative expenses, maintain bank guarantee records, participate in developing, enhancing and implementing controls.
- Review and verify daily transactions/payment vouchers such as vendors invoices, contracts to ensure completeness, and accuracy of payments.
- Ensure compliance and conformance of all transactions with rules, guidelines and IsDB’s internal control systems.
- Provide technical advice in the preparation and settlement of complex transactions.
- Highlight any identified irregularity or non-compliance to the management.
- Assist in coordinating internal and external financial audits. VAT
- Coordinate all the activities relating to the quarterly VAT refund claims for IsDB Group.
- Process and submit quarterly VAT refund claims to the Tax authority.
- Manage all the communications with the Tax authority.
- Coordinate the tax audits.
- Analyze financial or operating data to satisfy regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to annual planning and periodic forecasting for consolidated administrative expenses; prepare multi-year forecasts for administrative expenses.
- Assess data for integrity and analytical purposes as and when required.
- Reconcile vendor balance with the general ledger.
- Ensure that all transactions are posted in the correct cost element and cost center.
- Assist in detailed scenario and run rate analyses, and other standard or ad hoc analyses to meet variety of management objectives.
Policies and Procedures:
- Analyze and identify gaps in existing policies for procurement of goods and services and staff payroll and loan processes and recommend improvements after benchmarking them with the international standards.
- Contribute to formulation of policies and guidelines governing payment requests from contractors and other vendors including consultants, field representatives, mission advances and others.
- Provide guidance on interpretation of IsDB Group policies and procedures, and legislative regulations applicable for the Division.
- Prepare financial reports, monthly statements, and design and maintain online and manual financial reporting systems.
- Prepare periodic or ad-hoc reports as and when requested by the management.
- Monitor utilization of administrative budget and produce regular and ondemand report for the Management and the Budget Performance and Results Department.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATION:
Academic and professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field is required.
- Certification in CA, ACCA or CPA is preferred.
Minimum 3 years of experience in finance and accounting, multilateral institute experience is preferred.
SKILLS & NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE:
- Building Relationships
- Passion for Excellence
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Stakeholder Management
- Bank Knowledge
- Financial Management
- Islamic Finance
- Business Process Knowledge
- Experience in the usage of Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Hands-on experience in ERP like Oracle / SAP.