Advisor, PR & Communications
Plan International, Ottawa, Canada
Closing Date for Applications:
Working collaboratively with a team of communications professionals, the PR & Communications Advisor will play an integral role in increasing public awareness and differentiation for Plan International Canada and its mission. The position will take the lead on a variety of high-profile and collaborative PR and communications projects, being responsible for their strategy, collaboration, execution and measurement. The role focuses on building and enhancing a positive image of our organization and supports our domestic youth engagement communications.
What success looks like?
Develop and execute communications strategies that engage people in Canada and promote Plan International Canada’s partnerships and youth engagement programs. This includes:
- Develop and implement communications strategies for key partnerships (corporate, government, etc.) that support youth engagement activities and programs.
- Lead cross-functional teams and collaborate effectively with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Digital and social outreach that aim to mobilize people and partners in Canada to advance children’s rights and equality for girls.
- Contribute to and lead communications strategies that cultivate a sense of connection and community throughout Plan International Canada’s youth network, particularly around key moments and campaigns.
- Amplify youth voices and stories by media training and positioning Plan International Canada youth ambassadors as passionate and credible spokespeople to the media and other global platforms.
- Support in advocacy events and partnerships that engage youth in Canada
- Contribute to communications and media relations strategies to support key organizational partnerships and campaigns such as International Day of the Girl and Girls Belong Here.
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or an equivalent field.
- An aptitude for storytelling and developing creative ways to deliver key messages with superior written and verbal communication, particularly in the realm of gender equality, youth engagement, human rights and international development.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or a related discipline.
- Experience contributing to and/or leading successful and innovative projects and public relations campaigns.
- Demonstrated success in media relations, including working with journalists and securing positive coverage for organizations.
- A flexible and adaptable work style; open to collaboration with diverse and high-performing teams and individuals; thriving in a fast-paced evolving work culture.
- A passion for mission-driven work and personal values aligned with those of Plan International Canada’s values.