Analyst, Water Quality Regulations
Abt Associates, Maryland, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
- The Environment and Resources Division helps federal and state environmental and resource management agencies address complex policy, management, and regulatory challenges. Our services include economic analysis, cost-benefit analysis, risk assessments, environmental modeling, regulatory and voluntary program support, and IT solutions. Our clients include the Environmental Protection Agency, Army Corps of Engineers, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and the Department of Energy.
- Applies general and specialized knowledge of principles, concepts and business operations in the field(s) of specialization. Using independent judgment and discretion applies standard and non-standard quantitative and/or qualitative methods and techniques.
- Participates in the contract proposal process by assisting with the first draft or by independently completing modifications for moderately complex portions of the process. Coordinates and compiles data and backup materials to ensure fulfillment and compliance to standards. Trains and assists less experienced staff and troubleshoot questions and problems.
- Applies knowledge of resources to review professional journals and publications to extract and summarize relevant information for proposals and research projects. Uses internet-based search techniques to expand knowledge of subject matter, resources and available tools and summarizes findings for review.
- Exercises initiative to refer complex non-routine matters. Coordinates information for review to ensure adherence to schedule, plans, goals and budgets. Independently analyzes issues to reconcile and resolve problems. Applies knowledge and experience of general operations, systems, and project procedures and in depth knowledge of subject matter.
- Under indirect to general supervision, collaborates with clients by telephone or in person to survey, solicit or collect information or to direct interviews. Implements procedures for data collection, manipulation and analysis during all project phases. May participate in the establishment of new or revised systems, policies or methods.
- Applies knowledge of intermediate level computer-based word processing, applications, spreadsheets and database applications. Advanced Excel capabilities will be needed, e.g., to develop and operate model systems.
- Develops charts, graphs and presentations applying intermediate level application skills. May assist on high impact and complex projects. May manage project components, delegating and reviewing work for accuracy, and quality.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Clean Water Act, Safe Drinking Water Act Regulations, wastewater and drinking water treatment technologies (function and design).
- May represent company at professional association meetings, recruitment gatherings and in-house events.
- Independently performs a variety of research and analysis tasks and may provide training and technical supervision to less experienced staff.
- Collects, compiles, validates, interprets and analyzes data and trends using standard practices and techniques in the field(s) of specialization.
- May perform computer modeling, simulation or simple to moderately complex forecasting using standard software packages.
- Applies quantitative and/or qualitative analysis techniques and methods.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex under indirect supervision where there is latitude for independent action and decision-making.
- Participates in portions of a large, moderately complex project(s) and/or proposals. May coordinate multiple, routine to moderately complex and high impact projects and/or proposals.
- Technical and task management skills required. Writing ability.
- BA/BS Chemical or Environmental Engineering (3 - 5) OR MA/MBA (Entry Level) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.