European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Casablanca, Morocco
Closing Date for Applications:
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Support the development, structuring and implementation of ICA or Infrastructure investments. This will include project preparation, appraisal, due diligence, financial analysis, and implementation monitoring.
- Analyse credit and financial aspects of project due diligence, including financial analysis of companies and public authorities - data gathering, construction and analysis of financial projections; structuring and monitoring of financing agreements.
- Draft Bank documents, including seeking internal approvals, and correspondence.
- Prepare for and participate in client meetings.
- Assist in managing the interface with clients by offering them appropriate local support.
- Liaise with the Bank’s internal Credit department, Office of the Chief Economist, Legal department and other support units.
- Participate in, and at times lead, monitoring of existing investments, including preparation of regular monitoring reports based on meetings with client, site visits, financial review and other research.
- Gather and analyse market data; conduct sector research.
- Contribute to the preparation of briefing notes and strategy documents, marketing and business development research and preparation of presentations.
Essential Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- 2 to 6 years relevant commercial work experience (e.g. banking, finance, accounting, audit or project finance) gained from a major commercial/investment bank, equity fund, advisory services or corporate finance firm.
- Good relevant degree (e.g. business administration, economics, finance) from a leading university.
- Strong analytical and financial background, including ability to accompany the whole life cycle of projects.
- Credit analysis skills: ability to interpret accounts, understanding of accounting principles, and practice of credit analysis.
- Financial analysis skills: ability to design and build financial models from scratch; identify, understand and help solve complex issues related to financial analysis.
- Sound understanding of business principles.
- Understanding of policy issues associated with the Bank’s mandate.
- Experience in identifying, evaluating, structuring and negotiating loan and investment transactions with clients in private and public sectors.
- Prior experience in SEMED countries is desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Fluency in French is essential.
- Computer literacy, including experience with Microsoft office, spreadsheet packages and financial analysis models.
- Relevant exposure to the energy & mining sector is desirable