BACKGROUND INFORMATION - JOB-SPECIFIC
The UNOPS office in Costa Rica (CRPC) provides services to its associates in two main areas: improving the capacity of Costa Rican public institutions in the execution of their infrastructure projects and public investments and execution of sustainable procurement.
Both areas require both from a strategic and operational point of view, a management of resources ensuring transparency, effectiveness and efficiency; to promote the development and continuous strengthening of the internal management of the CRPC, in order to ensure high quality results, in accordance with the needs of its associates in the country and internal clients.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Architecture Technician-Assistant (Autocad Draftsman) will perform the following functions:
- Assist in the interaction and coordination with UNOPS counterparts, the technical aspects that correspond to their specialty.
- Under the specific guidelines of the UNOPS point of contact, draw Construction Plans in Autocad version 2019 at least. Sections, 3D views (if requested), plans, elevations, details and others to indicate must be included.
- Under the specific guidelines of the UNOPS point of contact, make sheets with the indicated boxes, indicated sizes and considering the scales that best apply according to your experience.
- Attend executive project coordination meetings convened by UNOPS when requested.
- Periodically provide progress reports and monitoring of its activities, as well as the specific reports that UNOPS may require, either by phone or by email.
- Accompany the Site Engineer in the necessary inspection visits as requested by UNOPS.
- Carry out other activities required by the person in charge of the project, referring to his experience as a cartoonist.
- You must provide all the information in original format (.dwg file) when requested, and you may not use it without the express authorization of UNOPS.
- Keep absolute confidentiality about any work entrusted to you.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma is required
- Technical degree, Diploma and / or university degree in Autocad Drawing will be considered valuable and may replace some years of experience required.
- Minimum 4 years of experience (or 2 years if you have a technical, graduate or university degree) in drawing in Autocad, is required.
- Experience using Autodesk Civil 3D will be a plus.
- Experience in using the Istram - Ispol drawing tool will be a plus.
- Advanced level of the Spanish language is required.