Aga Khan Rural Support Programme, Gujarat, India
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
Aga Khan Rural Support Programme (India) is a non-denominational, non-government development organization. AKRSP (I) works as a catalyst for the betterment of rural communities by providing direct support to local communities. AKRSP (I) is active in over 2400 villages of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar.
Position: Area Manager (Saurashtra- Gujarat)
- Provide programmatic and institutional leadership to the present livelihood enhancement programme in Mangarol SHT- Saurashtra.
- Leading a multi-thematic team of over 50 professionals in the areas of natural resources, agriculture, skill development, etc. along with support departments like accounts, M&E, reporting and administration.
- Liaise with donors and government officers, and interact with field staff and community members.
- Budget management and new resource mobilization.
- Actively engage in developing systems and indicators from existing areas of work.
- Capacity building of the team and prepare older team members towards new challenges and new geographical areas.
- Integration of all programmes and projects of AKRSP to achieve maximum impact at household level.
- Ensuring timely submission of all reports to donors, government and AKRSP head office.
- Strong program implementation and management skills including strategic planning and work plan development with a strong focus on maintaining quality across project milestones.
- Strong orientation for long term vision achievement along with annual and quarterly milestone achievement.
- Confident communicator, with the ability to dialogue on complex issues with different stakeholders.
- Efficient at multitasking with field orientation.
- Skilled at interacting and developing relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Willing to travel and maintain a very flexible working pattern.
- Secular orientation and non-discriminating on any basis.
- Sound knowledge about budget and finance
- Proficiency in English with a working knowledge of Gujarati/Hindi.
- Gender Sensitivity and ability to work well with women colleagues
- Post graduation in Rural Management/ Natural Resource Management / Social Sciences /Agriculture/ Management or any other related field.
- Minimum 8 years of experience is expected in development sector out of which minimum 4 years in a leadership position particularly in a grass root development sector
Age: Ideal age of candidate would be in the range of 35 to 45 years however it can be relaxed based on merit of the candidate.