World Health Organization, Manila, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To provide procurement support and services to the various programmes and activities of the organization in the western pacific region. To provide timely procurement of goods and services, and advise on contracting issues. To support the Regional Office, country offices and Member States in achieving best procurement practise and obtaining value for money.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the direct supervision of the Supply Officer, the incumbent performs the following functions:
- Receives and reviews purchase requisitions ensuring adequacy and completeness of specifications.
- Processes requisitions by initiating and completing the relevant administrative formalities in accordance with established procedures and instructions received; maintains appropriate system for follow-up on responses and deadlines.
- Obtains, verifies and seeks clarification on required information, specifications and other data considered necessary.
- Prepares purchase orders and maintains appropriate follow-up system.
- Maintains manual and automated procurement files and records under area of responsibility.
- Checks invoices from local suppliers and ensures correct receipt of goods. Ensures receipt of receiving report and hand-over certificates. Sends monitoring reports and follows-up with consignees to ensure that records are complete.
- Drafts replies to general and procurement correspondence on the basis of instructions or on own initiative and finalize such correspondence.
- Collects data on new and non-standard items and other information essential to procurement and delivery of supplies and equipment.
- Researches the markets for goods and services and make appropriate contacts for price quotations and other information as required.
- Assists in gathering, compiling and maintaining information relevant to procurement transactions
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- Essential: Equivalent to graduation from secondary school with thorough training in administration/procurement.
- Desirable: Knowledge of ERP systems.
Essential: At least five years' experience in office/administrative work prefereably related to procurement activities.
Desirable: Experience in procurement and logistics within an international organization.
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures including procurement principles and guidelines.
- Ability to organise and maintain records in a meticulous manner.
- Ability to use a computer and to adapt to various software applications.
- Ability to work harmoniously as a member of a team, and to adapt to diverse cultural and educational backgrounds and maintain a high standard of personal conduct.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Knowing and managing yourself
Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- Desirable:The above language requirements are interchangeable.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at PHP 590,623 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO's operations please
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.