Assitant Administrative Officer
Closing Date for Applications:
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Monitor the day-to-day personnel and administrative operations of the office.
- Participates in the recruitment and training of General Service staff for specialized and non-specialized work and assign General Service staff to meet work requirements.
- Supervises activities concerned with office and grounds maintenance, security, transport and similar services.
- Briefs international staff on general administrative matters, provide advice and ensure administrative support as required.
- Contributes to the preparation of submissions of new or revised procedures and practices.
- Prepares correspondence, special reports, evaluations and justifications as required on general administrative matters.
- Handles all personnel matters related to attendance records leave, issuance of visas, licence, etc.
- Coordinate training and capacity-building activities to staff in administrative related areas.
- Facilitate the mission travel of staff, including following up on travel authorizations, bookings, tickets.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
- Years of Experience / Degree Level
- For P1/NOA - 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree