Associate ICT Officer
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, Paris, France
Closing Date for Applications:
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Director, the general supervision of the Finance and Administrative Officer – Chief of Section, the direct supervision of the ICT Officer within the Administration Unit, and in close collaboration with the relevant IT services at UNESCO Headquarters, the incumbent will act as Associate IT Officer of IIEP:
- As web architect for IIEP, the incumbent will design, deploy, manage and maintain the web hosting infrastructure of the institute for its websites and web applications. This includes ensuring best practices are followed and procedures are in line with UNESCO policies.
- Administer and maintain the IT Team technical wiki, including ensuring its security, its backup and adding needed features as needed.
- Act as the technical focal point for and monitoring, managing and ensuring that IIEP streaming platform meets the institute’s needs.
- In collaboration with the ICT Officer, maintain the IIEP infrastructures across all offices and ensure its smooth operation through monitoring, upgrades and system administration.
- Assist the ICT Officer in securing the IIEP network to ensure data integrity and prevent unauthorized access, both internally and externally. This includes but not limited to management of the firewall, anti-virus and anti-malware products as well as routers and switches.
- Ensure adequate functioning of the dedicated liaison line of IIEP with the internal UNESCO network in close co-operation with the relevant UNESCO IT colleagues.
- In support of the implementation of ICT management systems and strategies:
- assist in ensuring compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, in particular, compliance with best security practices;
- oversee data backup and restoration for network drives and services
- Assist the IT assistant as needed with the Helpdesk by providing second level support and troubleshooting to end-users, including during key events.
- Participate and assist in the organization of training of all IIEP Staff members and trainees on ICT issues
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in computer sciences or information technology fields.
- 4 years of relevant work experience in the field of information technology, network administration, management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunication facilities, packages and applications of which preferably 1 year acquired at international level.
Skills and Competencies
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish good working relationship with a multicultural team and the community at large to facilitate team-work.
- Openness in sharing information and ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, initiative, maturity, tact and astuteness.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify problem areas and propose solutions
- Ability and willingness to acquire new knowledge and techniques, self-development and initiative taking. Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of technical and functional management of new technologies.
- Knowledge of Docker, VMWare, Windows Server, MS Exchange, Windows 10, Debian and CenOS Linux, Moodle, PHP, MySQL, TCP/IP networking including VPNs, Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- Knowledge of web techniques and the latest developments and innovations in Information Technology.
- Excellent knowledge of English or French and good knowledge of the other language.