Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
- To provide analytical, research and logistical support to the knowledge management (KM), thematic and sector work, and regional cooperation and integration (RCI) activities of the Division.
- Assists in coordinating the implementation of country knowledge plans in the South Asia Department (SARD) countries;
- Assists in the preparation of knowledge products and events in SARD, including the South Asia Seminar Series, South Asia Working Papers, and the South Asia Operational Knowledge Series; and
- Supports the development and maintenance of the SARD intranet website through coordination and documentation of user tests and enhancements, as well as development and implementation of user documentation/guidelines.
Economic and Thematic Work
- Provides support for studies and other knowledge management products including brief literature reviews and basic information analysis; and
- Coordinates with SARD Sector Divisions and Resident Missions in collecting, verifying and updating information on various economic and thematic-related outputs of the Department.
Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Supports the organization of RCI activities and events; and
- Assists in the conduct of RCI-related studies.
- Acts as alternate budget coordinator of the Division;
- Assists in consultant selection, recruitment and administration of consultant contracts by monitoring consultants’ outputs and ensuring that they are delivered on a timely basis; and
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor, specialist and/or Director.
- Bachelor's degree, including studies in Economics, Statistics or Business Administration.
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience, including project administration and coordination.
- Proven ability to undertake background research and analysis on difficult but well defined tasks, collect and organize required data and information, apply appropriate computer skills in analyzing and developing the data, and prepare notes, papers and sections of reports.
- In-depth understanding of the interactions between different ADB work areas and relevant workflows and their purposes.
- Proficiency in operating microcomputers and using ADB software packages for performing word processing, spreadsheets, graphics and database applications.
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.