Audit and Compliance Manager
Closing Date for Applications:
About the role
The Audit and Compliance Manager will ensure that the company executes on internal processes and implements improvements where necessary, as well as ensure compliance with any laws or regulations that apply to the business. The Manager will protect assets by completing audits and by recommending improvements in myAgro's internal control structure. This role will own, improve and report on farmer layaways working with colleagues from the sales team.
Audit and Compliance
- Conduct internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed.
- Report regularly to organizational leadership on adherence to processes.
- Implement corrective and preventive actions when processes gaps are identified.
- Assess operational processes for risks and develop risk management strategies.
- Identify compliance issues and execute upon follow-up or investigation.
- Advise internal management or business partners on the implementation or operation of organizational processes.
- Design or implement improvements in communication, monitoring, or execution of processes and policies.
- Verify that all firm and regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, and communicated.
Management and Leadership
- Manage a team of two across three countries (Mali, Senegal, and Tanzania) working cross-functionally to standardize and improve processes.
- Contribute to the development of myAgro’s strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality by providing training and support.
- Executive team interaction highlighting performance and risk points.
- Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on organizational processes.
Skills and Qualifications
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial services industry strongly favored
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required (i.e. can build macros and basic coding skills preferred)
- Curious, open-minded, and willing to listen and learn from the team and the users.
- Minimum 5 years work experience, especially in accounting, audit or compliance systems.
- Previous job where you managed a team, even if a small one.
- Previous cross-cultural experience, preferably non-western and for a period of 6 months or more.
- Willingness to travel to remote locations to develop in-depth understanding of our work and our users (up to 30%)
- As with any start up, flexibility, a sense of humor and an open mind are necessary
- A passion for the mission, vision and values of myAgro Innovative and Strategic thinking.