2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
The selection officer will report directly to the selection deputy and assist him in ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the program selection process, the 70% verification process and the verification process for the emergency department.
In doing this, selection officer holder will coordinate closely with the selection deputy manager, the technical selection officer and the selection team leaders.
Support is provided to the Deputy Selection Manager and the Technical Beneficiary Selection Officer through coordination with team leaders to ensure the quality of input data and preparation of action plans.
Through their work, the Selection Officer supports GOAL projects by ensuring that the teams make the selection process well according to GOAL criteria.
Duties, objectives and competencies:
- Prepare daily and weekly plans for the team.
- Arrange and support with Logistics to have all the needed equipment for the team on a monthly basis.
- Checking the activities of the field teams beside that making sure of security and safety for Beneficiary Selection teams during the movement between the villages and camps.
- Review of verification data and quality assurance, and support draft of daily and weekly progress reporting.
- Communicate and receive local councils to explain the mechanisms of work in selecting beneficiaries and make agreements with them to start work.
- Follow-up the work of the field team daily.
- Conduct weekly field visits for the villages to observe the work of teams.
- Follow-up progress in the process of selecting beneficiaries.
- Ensure daily and final reports sent by team leaders and match them with required selection lists.
- Matching electronic entries with selection lists in cooperation with technical beneficiary selection officer.
- Effective communication with the MIS team , food distribution and fleet section.
- Solve all problems related to selection process with local councils.
- Ensure the safety and security of the teams through communication with the communications team.
- In addition to the above, the Selection Officer is required to abide by and uphold the Core Humanitarian Standards in the execution of his/her duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised university. In lieu of a completed degree, an undergraduate with 4+ years’ experience would be considered.
- At least 3 years’ work experience, in addition to previous NGO experience in humanitarian work Data Management, Beneficiary Selection, Verification desirable.
- Attended trainings in M&E , Data collection, Need assessment.
- Able to work under pressure with limited management support.
- 2 years of experience in data management, beneficiary selection or need assessment.
- M&E, Need Assessment, Data management previous experience will be desirable.
- Previous experience in team management and supervise groups or teams.
- Previous experience for reports writing and arrange for work plans.
- Good English ability to read and write.
- Good computer skills, Microsoft applications (Word, Exile…etc.
- Flexible and attentive to details.