GRM International, London or Bristol, United Kingdom
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of Position
- The job holder will be responsible for assisting in the development of annual work plans and pipeline budgets, reviewing budgets and financial reports for accuracy and other ad hoc financial requests as needed.
Your primary responsibilities will revolve around Commercial Management and in particular you will be expected to:
- Provide general program assistance to project technical staff and administrators;
- Assemble budget/financial information for new, existing and ending contracts;
- Development of budget and commercial narrative for tender submittal;
- Analyse project financial performance on a monthly basis;
- Assist in the preparation and review of budget realignments, narrations, justifications and value for money analysis;
- Ensure compliance with government contracting regulations;
- Perform the initial job setup function and on-going project maintenance with the project team to ensure Value for Money tracking objectives can be met;
- Assist project teams with Value for Money tracking and reporting by developing tools consistent with corporate accounting systems while ensuring appropriate margins;
- Work collaboratively with technical staff on project forecasting;
- Work with the project team to develop partner invoices to be able to track partner budgets and reporting requirements;
- Research salary rates, equipment costs, office costs etc. for corporate financial management tools;
- Some travel may be required;
- Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
The role will report directly to the Lead Business Analyst with the following reporting requirements:
- Attendance of all weekly team and monthly meetings.
- A monthly report on the status of your KPIs and any other important areas of concern.
- Exception reports as and when required.
- Any other reporting request as dictated by your line manager.
- The role will form part of the Commercial Management Group
- The role will be required to liaise closely with all Project Managers, Project Coordinators, corporate managers, Senior Managers, other employees and external service providers.
Minimum education and experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Financial Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or related field
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in Finance/Accounting and financial modelling
Key competencies and professional expertise required
- Good knowledge of accounting policies and procedures
- Strong accounting, business and administration skills
- Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Good organisational and planning skills
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office – particularly Excel modelling